Bubye Valley Cape buffalo experience?

Really good population of impala, zebra, warthog, Hyena when I was there last year. Saw quite a few wildebeest and some kudu as well. But I would agree the primary species in the Bubye is buffalo.
 
My father and I hunted the bubye out of the Nengo camp 2024 through the Memorial Day holiday. My dad was planning on a buffalo I was along for the trip as a first timer. The most incredible trip I have been on. Every day we went out for buffalo we were on buffalo. Saw plenty of other game throughout the trip. We had encounters with the big 5 in the first 24 hours of being in camp. The landscape was green but we were still able to hunt/see plenty of game. My dad was successful on day 5 of a 10 day hunt. His story was submitted in the second edition of the @RIGBY dagga boy contest. Total trip was 1 dagga boy, 2 kudu, 2 impala, 2 waterbuck, 1 zebra, 1 warthog,1 wildebeest.

IMG_5322.jpeg
IMG_5323.jpeg
 
My father and I hunted the bubye out of the Nengo camp 2024 through the Memorial Day holiday. My dad was planning on a buffalo I was along for the trip as a first timer. The most incredible trip I have been on. Every day we went out for buffalo we were on buffalo. Saw plenty of other game throughout the trip. We had encounters with the big 5 in the first 24 hours of being in camp. The landscape was green but we were still able to hunt/see plenty of game. My dad was successful on day 5 of a 10 day hunt. His story was submitted in the second edition of the @RIGBY dagga boy contest. Total trip was 1 dagga boy, 2 kudu, 2 impala, 2 waterbuck, 1 zebra, 1 warthog,1 wildebeest.

View attachment 760112View attachment 760114
That’s epic! Who did you all hunt with?
 
There's just something about those white hairless faced Dugga boys that make you want to keep hunting for them!
We were after this one for 2 days. Our first encounter was a tree that he had tore up and bled all over it. Rob kept a stick with some blood on it for good luck. As you can see in the picture there is some dried blood on his head near his left boss. Was an epic first time safari for me I’m now hooked.
 
My father and I hunted the bubye out of the Nengo camp 2024 through the Memorial Day holiday. My dad was planning on a buffalo I was along for the trip as a first timer. The most incredible trip I have been on. Every day we went out for buffalo we were on buffalo. Saw plenty of other game throughout the trip. We had encounters with the big 5 in the first 24 hours of being in camp. The landscape was green but we were still able to hunt/see plenty of game. My dad was successful on day 5 of a 10 day hunt. His story was submitted in the second edition of the @RIGBY dagga boy contest. Total trip was 1 dagga boy, 2 kudu, 2 impala, 2 waterbuck, 1 zebra, 1 warthog,1 wildebeest.

View attachment 760112View attachment 760114
That is a fantastic bull! Congratulations and thank you for participating in the Rigby Dagga Boy Award! The plan is for the book to be published this summer.
 
That is a fantastic bull! Congratulations and thank you for participating in the Rigby Dagga Boy Award! The plan is for the book to be published this summer.
thats excellent news!

I know alot of members would pre order from this forum alone
 
We were after this one for 2 days. Our first encounter was a tree that he had tore up and bled all over it. Rob kept a stick with some blood on it for good luck. As you can see in the picture there is some dried blood on his head near his left boss. Was an epic first time safari for me I’m now hooked.
I would love to read his story
 
Dave Langerman is in the Bubye and in the past two days and has seen 30 different Dagga Boys in that time. The bush is green and thick but no problem taking an old bull today. Charity and Thomas are a great team, one can track anything and the other has hearing and eyesight second to none.

View attachment 759184
Here is Charity and I waiting with my Bull while the Land Cruiser made its way in! Wasn’t expecting him to be on my crew but what a pleasant surprise.

I’m currently still here hunting but the BVC has been an absolutely amazing experience. We killed a very nice old bull on day 4. Planning to do a hunt report and post more pics later.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,378
Messages
1,574,567
Members
170,062
Latest member
atachunbi1978
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top