Brown bear hunt??

cferrieri

New member
Joined
Sep 9, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Can anyone give me a recommendation for
A se Alaska Brown bear boat based hunt. I would love to hunt the peninsula but I just had my 4th back surgery 2nd spinal fusion and I’m not sure if I could home them hills anymore. Or if someone had a fairly easy peninsula hunt let me no. I can walk but climbing them mountains with a heavy pack I can’t do it anymore thank you happy Memorial Day weekend enjoy it.
 
Bro! I had one back surgery and another incident. In 2017 I did my brown bear hunt that was boat based. Got you! Feel free to PM with any questions. Here is who I went with.

 

Attachments

  • P9200175.jpeg
    P9200175.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 109
  • P9190130.jpeg
    P9190130.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 97
Glacier Guides has been in business for a long time and has a very good reputation. A friend of mine did this hunt a few years ago with his sons and wife and he spoke very highly of it.

 
If interested in a baited brown bear hunt down the coast from Wasilla, shoot me a pm.
 
@cferrieri connect with Scott Limmer, who is a member here. He goes by @Scott CWO He guides hunters on the Alaska Peninsula and you can communicate directly with him about how difficult that hunt is, or isn’t. He’s a very experienced outfitter and Bear guide, good guy all around.
 
Can anyone give me a recommendation for
A se Alaska Brown bear boat based hunt. I would love to hunt the peninsula but I just had my 4th back surgery 2nd spinal fusion and I’m not sure if I could home them hills anymore. Or if someone had a fairly easy peninsula hunt let me no. I can walk but climbing them mountains with a heavy pack I can’t do it anymore thank you happy Memorial Day weekend enjoy it.
@1dirthawker
 
I just successfully finished the hunt you are inquiring about. I would highly recommend Dustin Mcleod with Alaska Raven Guides. alaskaravenguides.com. Great group of guys. This was my second trip with Dustin. I went with them last spring, but didn’t end up taking one. It certainly wasn’t for lack of opportunity or effort. I decided to go back again this spring and things ended a little differently!

IMG_0128.jpeg
IMG_1367.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man! In the same boat as you....100% disabled. I'm glad there are PHs who willingly accommodate the disabled...truly.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,261
Messages
1,570,919
Members
169,200
Latest member
va3car
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top