Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Bowhunting Impala Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to bowhunting shot placement.

Bowhunting Impala
impala_shot_placement_bow.jpg

Bowhunting Impala
impala_perfect_shot_bow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my Impala. About a 24 yard shot. This one was I was lucky on. I failed to notice that he was quartering away.(see video) I aimed straight up the leg right in the triangle formed by the leg and shoulder bones. What I thought looked like a perfect shot was in reality, too far forward and low. I failed to allow for 24 yards and held my 20 yard pin dead on. Not sure how I hit so far left. It exited in front of the opposite shoulder barely slicing the heart I suppose. We gave him 30 minutes after the shot and had sparse blood to follow. He got up and ran from his bed about 175 yards from where I shot him. We then gave him two hours before taking up the trail again. Again, I was lucky. It is critical that you pay attention to how the animal is facing and allow for the actual yardage. It changes everything when it comes to hitting the sweet spot in the vitals. We found him laying in some brush. He was facing his back trail, waiting and watching I suppose when he passed. I was very lucky to find him.
DSC03185.JPG
impalalowshotkgif.gif
DSC03189.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
They have told me about a wonderful animal and exquisite meat ... it is the only species I chose to go hunting in Africa ... sooner or later I will realize my dream.

A quick overview of the shotplacement on a Impala with a bow, from different angels

Reactions: H50

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg