BOWHUNTING Crocodile

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
14,042
Reaction score
10,651
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
5,597
Articles
321
Bowhunting Crocodile Shot Placement

Post your questions, comments or pictures relating to bowhunting shot placement.

Bowhunting Crocodile
crocodile_shot_placement_bow.jpg


Bowhunting Crocodile
crocodile_perfect_shot_bow.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bowhunting Crocodile

watermark.php

My best croc to date at 14 feet 4 inches.

I shot this croc into the shallows at 30 yards with my 82 pound elite a big expandable from a Double Bull blind we had set up at the edge of the riverbank.

I have taken several crocs with a bow and I feel that a lung shot with normal arrows is the best way to shoot them. The fishing arrow, heavy line, and float meathod they use for gators is not needed for croc hunting.

When you shoot a croc through the lungs they almost immediately crawl out of the water on the river bank or a sand bank to get the entrance/ exit holes out of the water so they dont drown. It might take awhile but they will die on the bank and be easily recovered.

I do not recommend a heart shot as it kills them too quickly and they might die in deep water. A big broadhead through the lungs is the best way. The lungs extend far back in the body- in fact they almost run the entire lenght of the body cavity.

You can shoot a croc just in front of mid- body and a bit high and it will be a solid lung hit. A hit too low might hit the heart and miss the lungs and a shot just behind the shoulder misses everything. A bowhunt for big crocodile is one of the most exciting hunts in Africa and I highly recommend it.

Steve

Bowhunting Crocodile
crocodile_shot_placement_bow.jpg


Bowhunting Crocodile
crocodile_perfect_shot_bow.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Steve.
I’m off to hunt a croc in Mozambique. One particular large croc which hangs around a camp. I have been looking at the float and fishing arrow method which would be something new for me and was very happy to come across your story with a “normal” bowhunting scenario. Please could you share some more details.

Regards
Steve
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,384
Messages
1,574,727
Members
170,152
Latest member
babykidsstore
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top