BOTSWANA: Has Anyone Hunted With Tholo Safaris?

I have a hunt booked with them in May of this year. A great friend of mine advised me that "it seems as if there is game behind every bush and the entire crew there is tops". I trust his opinion over any others since he is a freelance PH and regularly hunts with multiple top quality outfits all across southern and eastern Africa. I'll come back here and let everyone know how it goes.

Sorry for just getting back to everyone. Thanks for the advice. I tried calling Tholo yesterday but didn't have any success. I will try again today. Like I stated, I've never been to African so I don't know what to expect but I'm thinking of taking my wife and at that time 3 year old son with me. Would you fellas feel comfortable taking your family to Africa?

DTOdd, I would not bring a 3 year old child on a safari to Botsw/Tanz/Zim/Zambia/Moz maybe on a more civilised place like RSA it can work.. :)

Take your wife and enjoy. I do not think that taking the child to Africa is or would be a problem. However it is my humble opinion that a safari is no place for a 3 year old. At the very least you need to clear it with the management.

You're probably thinking that this will be your one and only trip. Trust me. It's not. That's exactly what I thought when I started. My fourth trip is booked and I'm already planning my fifth.

Take him back in a few years after he knows his way around a rifle. You will both get more out of it.

Sorry for just getting back to everyone. Thanks for the advice. I tried calling Tholo yesterday but didn't have any success. I will try again today. Like I stated, I've never been to African so I don't know what to expect but I'm thinking of taking my wife and at that time 3 year old son with me. Would you fellas feel comfortable taking your family to Africa?

email jason directly mate bridgeradventures@gmail.com you drive direct to Tholo from Maun and it is safe, Botswana is the safest country in Africa I believe

Thanks for the advice. The only reason I was thinking about taking my son and wife is bc I cant find anyone else to go with me on the hunt. Most of my friends arent into African hunting. My wife wouldn't leave our son behind to go with me so i guess it will be just me if I cant find a friend to come along.

Does anyone have pictures of recent hunts that took place at Tholo? I visited their website but didn't see a lot of the facility pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanelL98

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.