Books “Collection” For Sale

Piet Brood

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Dear Members,

I am putting up for sale my small collection of books on African hunting and rifles. Please note that I am based in Stellenbosch, South Africa. I will mail these to the buyer properly bubble wrapped via DHL. Shipping should be in the vicinity of US$40.00 from SA to the US.

The books are all in good condition except Nyati and Death in the Long Grass which’s dust covers show some wear. Other than the first being my favourite, in no particular order is the list of titles below:

1. Along the Hunter's Path - Kai-Uwe Denker
2. Craig Boddington - Safari Rifles
3. Harry Manners - Kambaku!
4. Brian Marsh - The Hunting Blackbeards of Botswana
5. Richard Harland - The Hunting Imperative
6. Richard Harland - African Epic: the story of Paul 'Kambada' Grobler (not pictured below)
7. Fed Duckworth - A Far From Ordinary Life
8. Peter Capstick - The Last Ivory Hunter: The Saga of Wally Johnsson
9. Peter Capstick - Death in the Long Grass
10. Robert Ruark - Use Enough Gun
11. Bunny Allen - The Wheel of Life
12. The White Bushmen - Peter Starke
13. Heart of an African Hunter - Peter Flack
14. Hunter - J.A. Hunter
15. African Hunter Guide to Nyati: The Art of Hunting the African Buffalo
16. Johnny Chilton - Out of Bullets!

I am looking for US$1,400.00 for the lot (excluding shipping). I am not looking to break up the bundle.

Best,
Louis

85605cab-8db7-449a-8016-dc5cea857fbe.jpg

Since you have asked, while your average price is $81 there are books desired and some not so much. You would be better off putting a price on each and letting people show you what is of value and what is not. No one wants clutter in their homes of books they don’t want just to get books they do want

Since you have asked, while your average price is $81 there are books desired and some not so much. You would be better off putting a price on each and letting people show you what is of value and what is not. No one wants clutter in their homes of books they don’t want just to get books they do want

I’d also add that most of your potential customers already have some of these volumes. At your price point, it’s hard to pay that and then resell or give away the duplicates in your library.

If you won’t sell them individually consider splitting into lots of 3-4.

I take it shipping would be 40 per book? I cant imagine all those heavy books being 40 to ship to the USA., if so that would be $1400.00 plus $640 shipping, $2040 is a bit much honestly. Not trying to be mean. Shame nobody local would like to have them in their collection.

Thanks for the responses. Had a quick search on prices before posting to reach the price. I don’t believe shipping will be $40 each but will confirm that too.

Will improvise, adapt and overcome.

Best,
Louis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.