Bone Carving

Stubbleduck

AH senior member
Joined
Jan 28, 2023
Messages
69
Reaction score
126
Media
6
Not altogether sure but the Taxidermy forum seemed the appropriate place for this note.

August of 2023 I was fortunate enough to take a Cape Buffalo bull with my bow. The PH talked me into keeping the cannon bones from the front legs along with the usual cape and horns. I had some ideas for carvings on the bones but initially had little luck finding an artist interested in the project. After a year and a half of semi serious searching I did find an artist and today received the results. I have two identical mounts of the carved bones on a wood plaque as seen in the attached photo. The carving is a copy of the emblem used on all the PH's documentation and advertising. I will keep one of the bone mounts to display with my buffalo shoulder mount and send the other to the PH.
Anyone interested in such artistic bone carving is welcome to contact me for the artist's name and contact information. He is located in the Houston TX area.

Bone RotatedIMG_0243 (002).jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
cool! I didn't really have an exact plan, but intended to bring some bone back, just forgot to remind my PH. Next time for sure. I think a carving like that makes a nice keepsake.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,233
Members
170,536
Latest member
KAOLavina1
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top