Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
That's a pretty heavy load even for our big Oz grunters. It would shake the hell out of a big Sambar stag !
@Cervus elaphas
Mate I'm looking forward to trying it. It would be great on Sambar that or the 250 grain round nose.
That's what I love about the Whelen you can load it with 158 grain pistol bullets for younger people new to shooting or small game or stoke it up to give a water buffalo or scrub bull a bad dose of the shakes.
Bob

MS 9x56

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
The 358 Norma mag is proof that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. This coming from a 35 caliber junky. 35 rem eat right up to the hole, 358 winchester more range eat right up to the whole as long as you stay away from the shoulder bones. 35 Whelen when you need it dead right now. 358 Norma mag when you want to blow it up. I do love those 35’s.

Cervus elaphus

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
New Zealand, ex NZDA
The 358 Norma mag is proof that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. This coming from a 35 caliber junky. 35 rem eat right up to the hole, 358 winchester more range eat right up to the whole as long as you stay away from the shoulder bones. 35 Whelen when you need it dead right now. 358 Norma mag when you want to blow it up. I do love those 35’s.
I want a rifle that leaves some meat behind !

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
@Tgood1
Mate people are coming to realize what t h e Whelen is like.
We need @Skinnersblade to get a 358 and come on board as well.
A,bit of muscle never goes astray.
Bob
It’s possible I just sold my 9.3 so there’s a gaping hole in my gun cabinet right now, Ive pretty well decided to stop buying left handed rifles and focus on single shots. I’ve had some very nice left handed rifles and just can’t seem to get comfortable with any of them. At the end of the day I still grab that single shot 45-70 for everything. Im considering ordering a single shot .303.

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
It’s possible I just sold my 9.3 so there’s a gaping hole in my gun cabinet right now, Ive pretty well decided to stop buying left handed rifles and focus on single shots. I’ve had some very nice left handed rifles and just can’t seem to get comfortable with any of them. At the end of the day I still grab that single shot 45-70 for everything. Im considering ordering a single shot .303.
@Skinnersblade
Young Lawrence as nice as a single shot 303 would be nice look at the CVA single shot in 35 Whelen. My best mate Greg had one and it is the only rifle he regretted selling. Light powerfully and comfortable to shoot. He is also a left handed Shooter .
Bob.

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
@Skinnersblade
Young Lawrence as nice as a single shot 303 would be nice look at the CVA single shot in 35 Whelen. My best mate Greg had one and it is the only rifle he regretted selling. Light powerfully and comfortable to shoot. He is also a left handed Shooter .
Bob.
I’ve considered them Bob but am going to hold out and try for a number 3 Ruger.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I don't buy any left hand rifles. I don't see any use for them. When we shoot from the truck we are on the right side so shells would go out the window if we wanted.
If we were driving a wrong handed car the shells would flick inside. Best we stay on the right side cause it's "The Right side"

Next , look at that gaping hole in your gun cabinet. It must be bothering you and we would hate for it to have a negative effect. We will enable you to fill that void in your life, go buy another Rifle.

7x57Joe

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media

Skinnersblade

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
@Skinnersblade
You will be waiting a looong time mate. Get the CVA first less than 500 bucks your way.
Bob
Not that long , there’s an action to Bills I’m probably just going to have on custom built. After the hornet project wraps up.

mdwest

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
That powder seems to be a fixed & firm favourite. What barrel twist have you got and what length?
Also, can you still get it ?

It’s a 1:14,24” green mountain barrel… midwayusa used to carry them for $92… they’ve been out of stock for a good while now though

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.04 AM.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.06 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.06 AM.png
    836.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.08 AM.png
    670.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 8.19.09 AM.png
    331.5 KB · Views: 7

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drorpono

Latest profile posts

Who provides you with an interpretive safari to enlighten your wilderness experience. We are safari outfitters specializing in excellent custom or Tailormade safaris in Tanzania. If you are looking for a safari in Tanzania, you have come to the right place and the right safari company. We create Best Memories of your African Safari
Hello to All members of this group, My name is Basili Agustino I have just joined this great community with the, Vervet safari and tours Tanzania which is a focused Tanzanian tour company that provides travel services that are personally designed and professionally guided by Tanzania’s finest and highly trained professional safari guides,
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob