Blaser stock choice

My son and I both have 2 barrel r8’s with thumb hole stocks . They feel and shoot great.
Image1707329340.093969.jpg
 
Handle both , shoulder both and see what feels good !
 
My R93 (375 H&H) was my fafourite gun until the wife got her R8 Professional Success.
It was our first gun with a silencer, so I tooked it out for a view hunts to check how it performes.

Now I got also an R8 in 9.3 * 62 and take it into the woods nearly every time
i'm out. You will get used to the thumbholestock so, that you want more. Just
have bought a pumprifle with a carbon stock (with thumbhole).

Meanwhile the R93 comes only with me for driven hunts and sunny whether.

R8.jpg
 
The thumb hole Success style feels odd unless you switch the bolt to the opposite side of the grip hand. So, right hand right hand feels all wrong. right hand left hand works.

I went all conventional stocks for my 3 R8s
 
I’ve never gotten along well with thumb hole stocks. I like both classic stocks and true pistol grip stocks, the compromise just doesn’t work for whatever reason.
 
My R93 (375 H&H) was my fafourite gun until the wife got her R8 Professional Success.
It was our first gun with a silencer, so I tooked it out for a view hunts to check how it performes.

Now I got also an R8 in 9.3 * 62 and take it into the woods nearly every time
i'm out. You will get used to the thumbholestock so, that you want more. Just
have bought a pumprifle with a carbon stock (with thumbhole).

Meanwhile the R93 comes only with me for driven hunts and sunny whether.

View attachment 585973
Love that buffalo engraving on the receiver - beautiful! I agree that it is a beautiful rifle for beautiful weather.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,291
Messages
1,571,837
Members
169,425
Latest member
Elverragill
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top