Blaser S2

Hornedfrogbbq

Gold supporter
AH elite
Joined
Mar 8, 2022
Messages
1,103
Reaction score
1,622
Media
1
I don't want to run down anyone that loves their S2 but I finally got to handle one. It was very odd to me...and incredibly heavy. The one I handled wasn't well balanced in my hands.
 
What was it chambered in? Heavy in front of the hinge pin or the stock?
 
I don't want to run down anyone that loves their S2 but I finally got to handle one. It was very odd to me...and incredibly heavy. The one I handled wasn't well balanced in my hands.

Hmmm, what was that S2 chambered in? Details, details, details...

I have an S2 in .375 H&H that handles like a fine bird gun, or at least like a fowling piece due to its weight. Better yet, it is even more accurate than it handles!

Something that does feel different is the width of the barrels since all chamberings of the S2 use the same frame size. But then due to Blaser's German precision all S2 barrel sets are interchangeable.
 
How much did it weigh? My S2 is 8.5 pounds. How shootable is a featherweight big bore double rifle going to be? I don't think I'm man enough for a nitro express mountain gun.
 
How much did it weigh? My S2 is 8.5 pounds. How shootable is a featherweight big bore double rifle going to be? I don't think I'm man enough for a nitro express mountain gun.
Ixd say it was over 11lbs. Maybe 11.5 but man it was just odd to me.
 
I really wanted to like my S2. I had the 500 nitro barrels and looked for extra sets but they are tough to find. I liked the design and concept a lot but couldn't get used to the feel of it. It's a brilliant idea but it felt too bulky to me. Having said that, I'm a big fan of the R8 and the F3 shotgun lines and love Blasers in general. I wanted to make the S2 work but it was just too chunky for me.
 
I have an S2 in caliber .470 NE. I was initially confused by a lot of things about him. His unconventionality. Rubber insert between the barrels. The aiming sight is too high and too small in size. And not only that.

But when I fired it, it turned out that it was very accurate. And accuracy is the most important thing. The S2 is more accurate than many double rifles. And it is perfectly configured from the factory.

s_2.jpg

I experimentally used it on various hunts, and it didn't seem uncomfortable to me. He has a good balance. And it weighs 5.2 kilograms (or 11.46 pounds). But for weapons with a powerful cartridge .470 NE is the usual weight. If it were lighter, then it would be more difficult to bear the impact.

I used to buy this double rifle with apprehension. But now I'm so used to it that I don't want to part with it. Unless, of course, I find something better for the same price. But that would be too much luck.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,452
Messages
1,576,582
Members
170,603
Latest member
AhmedWilco
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top