Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, 33 US states and counting
Could I see some examples of your Blaser R8 cases setup for multiple barrels? I have the factory hard case for 2 barrels but was looking for some examples of how you setup a case/foam for 3 barrels, etc. Thanks.

I have these Pelican 1700's and could easily have new foam cut to fit another barrel if I didn't want the space for scopes. Is this like the ones you have or is it the Negrini?

1704919663875.png

No mine is this style...no room for changes.

IMG_6530.JPG

Not multiple barrels... but I thought I'd share.

IMG_6215.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not multiple barrels... but I thought I'd share.
Thanks for sharing that. I've thought about how to take a double rifle and R8 in one takedown case versus my normal use of a long Tuffpak.

Yes, I have the Negrini style and was looking for more of the Pelican or foam style.

I am currently in the process of trying to design a case that can fit multiple Blaser R8s and barrels, and ran across this old listing where they had two Blaser R8s, each with two barrels and scopes, stacked on top of each other in its own foam layer inside a SKB 4217-7 case.

https://www.gunsinternational.com/g...-rifle-case-skb-i-series.cfm?gun_id=100801540

I also ran across this photo from @One Day... that shows exactly what you are looking for I believe. This one is a Pelican 1700 case.

1704923330187.png

Thanks for any and all examples! What are your thoughts on carrying the scopes in your carry-on versus in the rifle case?

I'd highly recommend going with the Pelican 1700 over the Negrini case you have, especially if you are planning on any airline travel.

@One Day... has another case with two R8 barrels and his 470NE DR...
1704924267558.png

Last edited:
That's great. Is that a different kind of foam than what comes with the 1700?

That's great. Is that a different kind of foam than what comes with the 1700?
Yes, that is called PE (polyethylene foam AKA closed cell foam) and it's more rigid, oil and water resistant than what comes with a Pelican case. Here is a picture of PE foam...
1704925601095.png

This is a picture of the type of foam (copolymer polypropylene AKA open cell foam) that comes in a Pelican case. It's a simple sponge, best used for washing dishes and vehicles...not protecting firearms.
1704925712222.png

If it were me, I'd get a Pelican 1700 and have the foam cut out on a program like My Case Builder (https://mycasebuilder.com/cases-by-use/rifle-custom-foam-cases/) that already have several templates saved in their database. The other option for a super clean build is to have your items scanned and put into a program to cut the foam out. I believe @Ed Lally had this done on his Pelican Air 1615 case that more closely resembles a piece of carry-on luggage than a rifle case. Pic below...
1704926145627.png

Last edited:
Excellent info.

A bit more verstaile, have you thought of the new VACUUM RIGIDIZING STRUCTURE from Kor technik that you can put in you case?

It is a kind of foam made of small beans that is taking the form you want (you press your stuff in the foam) and that is becoming rigid by removing air and that keeps the form you want.

I just got one and it is amazing. I like that fact that I can use the same case for multiple rifles/gears.

Attachments

• KOR® Technik - VRS Protection System.pdf
    13.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buyproductboxesuk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.