Blaser Q: loose front sight blade

gzr

AH member
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
33
Reaction score
38
Hi all,

I bought a new Blaser R8 barrel and the front sight rattles faintly in its seat. Is this a normal thing to tell me I need to sight it in and out some tension on it?

Thanks!
 
remove. place authentic (real, brown, fermented), deyhdrated sliver of sauerkraut beneath. torque back on to specs. problem solved! :p a pic of merkel or dieter from sprockets wedged under will also do. that does sound odd. can you post a closeup pic of its configuration? how much did the bbl cost??
 
Q: Is the bbl Blaser or are there aftermarket mfrs now?? Mfr. repsonse will be: It's a gyroscopic compensator for Coriolis effect!
 
Oh @C.W. Richter is taking the piss alright... :E Lol:Like a cow on a flat rock... :E Lol:

The sound approach would be to disassemble, degrease and retighten with blue loctite on all base screws and see if the play was eliminated. If not, reach out to the barrel manufacturer for remedy.
 
Who did you buy it from? If it's an authorized Blaser dealer then they may take care of the problem for free if you bring it back to them. If it involves shipping it back to them, call them first and ask what they recommend.

If you bought it from an individual, then do as @Forrest Halley recommended. If that doesn't work, contact Blaser USA in San Antonio, Texas. Good people down there to help you out.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,345
Messages
1,573,603
Members
169,771
Latest member
MaritaLund
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top