Last edited by a moderator:
watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Anton,

Great photos. You have some nice looking snakes there. Do you get called to remove them from houses/public areas?

If you have any pictures with a gabon viper, ringhal etc. I would love to see them also.

Alright - here's my Stupid Question of the day.
How did those guys holding the mambas in their bare hands put the snakes down again - without getting bitten?

I know there's the old trick of putting the snake inside a bag by lowering its body first (into the bag).
But with a mamba involved, you've still got the risk of it striking your hand - as you release its head.
So how did they do that???

thanks,
Upepo

Anton, you make a great point, all creatures have a chance to make a living. By going out of our way to kill or rid a creature off the planet says something about ourselves.

I also agree with Anton s point of view, I have encountered snakes on country roads a few times, and stopped to let them cross in peace.

Alright - here's my Stupid Question of the day.
How did those guys holding the mambas in their bare hands put the snakes down again - without getting bitten?

I know there's the old trick of putting the snake inside a bag by lowering its body first (into the bag).
But with a mamba involved, you've still got the risk of it striking your hand - as you release its head.
So how did they do that???

thanks,
Upepo

With me I just handed him back to the Tanzanian that handed him to me. There was a miscommunication, I asked if his venom sacks had been removed and was assured that they were. Later, while I was holding the snake, I was told that nothing had been done to the venom sacks, he was just a nice nyoka that didn't bite.

"he was just a nice nyoka that didn't bite. "

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!
nice nyoka ...nice nyoka ... down boy :)

[nice snake .... nicke snake].

Upepo

YOu move from CONSERVATION to PRESERVATIONIST. Yea a huge difference. That is your choice, you live with your choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MitchelMcE

Latest profile posts

Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!