Binocular tripods?

Nevada Mike

AH legend
Joined
Jan 9, 2019
Messages
2,191
Reaction score
4,777
Location
S.E. Arizona
Media
31
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I recently bought a pair of Swaro 15 X 56 SLC binoculars with their tripod adaptor. I've tried to use this with my Trigger Stick III with the tripod adaptor that Tirgger Stick provides. It's way too wobbly for effective field use.

I am looking for an adaptable, lightweight, folding tripod to us with these binoculars... one that I can easily carry in a knapsack and set up quickly. I am sure some of you have researched this and may have suggestions.

Mike
 
I had a Slick 624 and Outdoorsmans pan head that I stupidly sold. I will be buying another set.

The Outdoorsmans pan head is THE best pan head you will use. Mount the stud to the front of the binos and you can deploy the system in about 30 seconds. The Outdoorsmans tripods are also worth a look.

No, they aren;t cheap -but then neither were your Swaros. You need a solid base to take ad vantage of your 15x.

Binos on tripods are way underused.
 
I bought the vortex tripod. Works great. You can buy lighter ones but I’m very happy with these
 
I use a slik. Excellent tripod.
 
How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.
 
How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.
+1 on Ryan and Alicia at Muley Crazy.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,236
Members
169,285
Latest member
idmingucom1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top