Binocular tripods?

Nevada Mike

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Arizona, California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, So. Dakota, No. Dakota, Texas, Colorado, New Mexico, Michigan, Saskatchewan, Old Mexico, British Columbia, Tanzania
I recently bought a pair of Swaro 15 X 56 SLC binoculars with their tripod adaptor. I've tried to use this with my Trigger Stick III with the tripod adaptor that Tirgger Stick provides. It's way too wobbly for effective field use.

I am looking for an adaptable, lightweight, folding tripod to us with these binoculars... one that I can easily carry in a knapsack and set up quickly. I am sure some of you have researched this and may have suggestions.

Mike

I had a Slick 624 and Outdoorsmans pan head that I stupidly sold. I will be buying another set.

The Outdoorsmans pan head is THE best pan head you will use. Mount the stud to the front of the binos and you can deploy the system in about 30 seconds. The Outdoorsmans tripods are also worth a look.

No, they aren;t cheap -but then neither were your Swaros. You need a solid base to take ad vantage of your 15x.

Binos on tripods are way underused.

I bought the vortex tripod. Works great. You can buy lighter ones but I’m very happy with these

I use a slik. Excellent tripod.

How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.

How tall are you? The most common tripod I have seen folks use is the manfrotto 190/290 series. It is tall enough for guys 6’ tall and under. Works good for standing and is light enough. Same with the Slik 634 and 734. If you are 6’1” or taller, you might want to look at the manfrotto 055 or Slik 834. They will allow you to not be hunched over for hours each day.

I’d also recommend calling and talking with Muley Crazy up in Kanab. Ryan or Alicia will give you honest advice and give you a super deal.
+1 on Ryan and Alicia at Muley Crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlessdiuse

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg