Big Bore Addiction Group

I see my calculation was off by a few per cent- I was using that well worn example of effort utilized by the sports coaches- to make the team you have to give 110%
Ray B,
I like your modern math because it leaves a margin for error. Just don't "give a 110%" when measuring powder?
Ha! Ha!
CEH

I also have a big bore problem. Outside of my 375HH, 450/400 3¼" and 450 Rigby, here is some more big stuff Im playing with ☄☄
20210330_204152.jpg

Tricky as nothing to check size against, I think some thing like .577 T Rex or .585 then .600NE then maybe .500/450 or .500/465 ?

I think one of the .585 Nyati has a rebated rim ?

The case on the far left looks like it used to have a belt? Well, maybe not cause the black ring is too high, but definitely a rebated rim. Could be a RUM wildcat?

Bugger was going to say 500/450 - 500/465 or 470NE as those are very similar to the eye !

Hello, my name is Matt and I have a problem. It appears I have become addicted to large bore rifles. My addiction has soaked up large amounts of money and made the credit card company very happy.

Im pretty sure my addiction started when I bought my CZ 550 in 375 H&H, Beware of these rifles! They are gateway guns to a life of heavy recoil, empty wallets, and most importantly LOTS OF FUN!

here is a picture of the cartridges ive been playing with along with some more common cartridges for comparison.

left-right: 9mm Luger, 7.62x39, 375 H&H, 450/400 NE 3", 500/416 NE 3.25", and 505 Gibbs.

if you share my addiction, please state your name, how you started, and a picture.

-matt
Hi my name is Craig but I am known on here as Rare Breed. I started 2 years ago buying a CZ550 in 375 H&H. I then bought and still have a DR Rizzini Rhino Express in 470 NE and a Chapuis in 450-400 NE DR. I think the addiction is permanent

Hi my name is Craig but I am known on here as Rare Breed. I started 2 years ago buying a CZ550 in 375 H&H. I then bought and still have a DR Rizzini Rhino Express in 470 NE and a Chapuis in 450-400 NE DR. I think the addiction is permanent

Welcome Craig, thank you for sharing.

A word of warning, this group will not cure your issue. In fact it may even make it worse...

I do not need another big bore rifle. I already have a 416Rem that’s surplus to my needs yet 404 Jeffery persistently invades my thought. On top of that I met a guy at a range recently who had a strange looking revolver. I was offered to have a go and now want one. It was a 460S&W. The load was 260grain projectile at 2300fps. Below is a picutre of the round next to a 223.

Image1617548181.231617.jpg

And next to 357Mag

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also the deterrent factor. Since I've had a big bore on hand, there have been NO rampaging elephants or rhinos stampeding through town. The possibilities of events had I not had them on hand is painful to imagine.
Speaking of rampaging elephants, there was an incident in my town when the circus came to visit and staged at our local arena. I had comp tickets to the show so took my kids and wife. We were seated on chairs on the floor so had a great view. When the elephants came in they passed in front of us about 10 feet away. I noticed that when they passed by they all looked frightened and wide eyed. It was a small circus but the kids enjoyed it. However, the next day one of the elephants went berserk and stomped and kicked one of the assistants injuring him severely then pounded the trainer into a pancake killing him in front of a couple thousand parents and children. The elephant then escape from the arena stampeding the crowd and injured many who got in her way. She then made her way out onto the surface streets. 911 calls came in and sent to the working police officers thinking this was a trick until the saw the beast running done the road. Additional carnage ensued with the animal being corralled on a small side street. Officers opened fire with an assortment of 9mm, shotgun and 226 ammo. Of course nothing worked. One plains clothes officer located a 30-30 and began firing. The animal eventually collapsed and a local vet from our zoo came to euthanize the animal. One of my friends had a Benelli semi auto shotgun and tried for a frontal shot however the animal had a metal ornamental plate covering her forehead. It was one crazy day. I read the autopsy report and it looks like a 226 round entered the ear canal and into the brain cavity then spun around inside. However it didn't kill her. The vet had to administer huge amounts of whatever he need to put her down which was way over the needed amount necessary. The circus's have been banned after that. So you never know. Beware the circus.

I do not need another big bore rifle. I already have a 416Rem that’s surplus to my needs yet 404 Jeffery persistently invades my thought. On top of that I met a guy at a range recently who had a strange looking revolver. I was offered to have a go and now want one. It was a 460S&W. The load was 260grain projectile at 2300fps. Below is a picutre of the round next to a 223.

View attachment 396064

And next to 357Mag
Might aswell just get the s&w500 instead, unless you live in cali or someplace that cant have a 50cal.

Might aswell just get the s&w500 instead, unless you live in cali or someplace that cant have a 50cal.

12mm limit for handguns here so can’t get 500

I recently joined the group with my 416 Rem Mag in a Model 70 Super Express.

For my first outing, used 400gr Nosler Partitions.

First thoughts, It did definitely wake me up (I went to the range early in the morning), but I liked it shooting it so much I shot 9 rounds in my first outing. I stopped when my shoulder started to hurt, and I switched over to my ‘06 to check for flinching.

Now I am trying to find NA hunts to try it out on.

It was my first hit, but this drug proved addictive…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RosalineCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg