Big Bore Addiction Group

i have an inexpensive 450 NE 3.25" double for sale, check out the classifieds. I have a friend who could probably help you get it into SA.

Marius was tired of his clients having bigger guns them him. it was one of my friends who set him up with the 500 NE. :p

-matt
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the reply and offer. When I buy my double it will be a 500 FOR SURE!!
What classifieds do you refer to here?

the 500 Jeffery, 505 Gibbs, and 500 NE are excellent cartridges! im very fond of 50 caliber hunting cartridges and would strongly recommend them.

-matt
Hahahaha.... little brainpudding running out from the nose of the shooter hahaha.... !!!:ROFLMAO::sleep:(n)
For the pigs... I PASS....
Too much... but... a good shot for the water buffaloes...(y)

the 500 Jeffery, 505 Gibbs, and 500 NE are excellent cartridges! im very fond of 50 caliber hunting cartridges and would strongly recommend them.

-matt
Hahahaha.... little brainpudding running out from the nose of the shooter hahaha.... !!!:ROFLMAO::sleep:(n)
For the pigs... I PASS....
Too much... but... a good shot for the water buffaloes...(y)

nothing wrong with using a 50 caliber hunting rifle for pigs. our member @colorado has used his 500 Jeffery to take pigs in the past. im sure he posted a picture early in this thread.

keep in mind not all 50 caliber hunting cartridges have alot of recoil. here is a list of some low recoil 50 caliber cartridges that ive seen rifles chambered in:

- 500 SW
- 500 BPE
- 50-90 Sharps
- 50-70 Government
- 50 Beowulf

lets also not forget the most popular caliber for muzzle loading guns is 50. ive hunted and taken deer with a 50 caliber muzzle loader using a traditional patched round ball.

-matt

I can handle a 50 caliber muzzleloader with ease.

any one else here find heavy recoil to be relaxing?

I had a rough start today dealing my my new computer and Windows 10 being a poor operating system. the dang computer doesn't like the programs I want to use. so when I finally got to the point where I was ready to toss the new computer off my porch, I grabbed a dozen heavy 505 Gibbs loads (600grs at 2250fps) and went off to the range. by the 4th cartridge I had already completely forgotten about my computer trouble and by the 6th cartridge I was all smiles. in the end I was glad I only brought 12 cartridges because I could have shot another dozen if I had and I need to conserve bullets.

-matt

I had a rough start today dealing my my new computer and Windows 10 being a poor operating system. the dang computer doesn't like the programs I want to use. so when I finally got to the point where I was ready to toss the new computer off my porch, I grabbed a dozen heavy 505 Gibbs loads (600grs at 2250fps) and went off to the range. by the 4th cartridge I had already completely forgotten about my computer trouble and by the 6th cartridge I was all smiles. in the end I was glad I only brought 12 cartridges because I could have shot another dozen if I had and I need to conserve bullets.

-matt

It's just like drinking alcohol.

Kill enough brain cells and all is good!

-matt

No.

@matt85 I agree with the healing powers of getting your butt kicked behind a rifle. Today I launched 19 rounds from my Lott and really enjoyed it. 500 grain Northforks are shooting fine and I plan on trying out the Barnes Triple Shocks next. The pic is of 5 three shot rapid fire groups shot today.
IMG_3702.JPG

The only thing that would be more of a waste of my time than shooting paper would be drinking alcohol :)!

Recoil good
Scotch good
'Nuff said

Recoil good
Scotch good
'Nuff said

you sir are now my best friend! if your going to be at the SCI show we can drink some scotch together and talk about recoil.

-matt

you sir are now my best friend! if your going to be at the SCI show we can drink some scotch together and talk about recoil.

-matt
Matt,
Not going to make SCI this year, so I will have to take a rain check! Look forward to a drink one of these days. I would love to make it up to one of the shoots in AK!
Cheers,
Cody

Matt,
Not going to make SCI this year, so I will have to take a rain check! Look forward to a drink one of these days. I would love to make it up to one of the shoots in AK!
Cheers,
Cody

you can join me in WA any time if you like. ive got a few recoil generating machines we could play with and I always keep a bottle of Glenlivet 18yr handy.

-matt

Yep fully agreed - the only element still short on the recoil & a good Single Malt is a Cuban Cigar IMO ..... but not everybody smokes so that one is a personal choice.

Shooting is definitely therapeutic treatment. If the shooting goes well, it's a great confidence builder.

Had some fun this weekend. Shot a 458 win mag for the first time. Shot a 500gr load and then shot a steel plate at 255yds with a 350gr load. I need a bit more practice with my .404 Jeffery though. Probably the highlight was hitting the steel plate at 255yds with my opensighted Mauser 9.3x62, first shot. Sitting using sticks as a rest.

looks like fun!

thanks for posting the video.

-matt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,