Beware of the toilets! Kgalagadi lions make loo their resting place

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Only in Africa!! :E Rofl:

Cape Town - If you're heading up the the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park sitting on the border between Botswana and South Africa, you better listen up.

Whatever you do - DO NOT use the ablution facilities at the Melkvlei picnic site, 50km north of Twee Rivieren, without scouting the area from your vehicle first.

Why? Because there's a pride of lions that have taken to the cool shade cast by the ablution structures on the site.

d75954966a3d48d5bc64ff726f6757a7.jpg

According to ‎Corlette Wessels‎, who visited the Kgalagadi in December last year, the lions have made a habit of occupying the loos for quite some time now.

Photographs on SANParks' site also show a lion resting in the shade under a picnic table at the spot back in 2012 already.

On Thursday, 12 January, however, Wessels‎ shared the video saying other visitors at the site had a close call when they visit recently.

"On this day in December," Wessels‎ writes, "people parked at the site and got out to try to go to the toilets". But luckily, Wessels‎ was able to warn them about the dangers lurking in the shade.

When they drove to see for themselves, this is what they stumbled upon...

It seems that the lions in the Kgalagadi have a real knack for sharing the socks off of visitors!

In May last year, Joburgers Francie Lubbe and her husband were staying in the Mabuasehube Campsites on the Botswana side of the Park when they woke to the sound of lions licking the windows of their tent!

Lubbe said it rained the night before, and the lionesses were licking the drops that had stayed behind on the canvas of their tents.

She also said that the door of the tent was wide open, and the three lionesses could have entered freely if they wanted.

Source: http://traveller24.news24.com/Explo...i-lions-make-loo-their-resting-place-20170112

There may be a reason to sh*t oneself in these videos!

It's Africa, there's supposed to be lions in the bush.
How cool is that! I think this is relatively close to where I hunted my lion. I know that place was surrounded by Molopo and it Borders Botswana as well.

Yep that's Africa.

One more safety check to do.
There are a couple of "facilities" in Kruger where the Elephants like to play with the visitors.

Makes you want to bring a water truck up and do some filming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OctavioN51

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!