Best options under $1500

What action would you consider the most durable modern O/U action? Let's say we limit it to models produced in just this century and keep the original MSRP below 20K.

Krieghoff, Beretta, Perazzi, Browning, Benelli, Blaser...something else?

K80, Kolar, Perazzi, and Blaser would all be contenders for most durable. Of course, at a horrible cost of weight. They are overbuilt, extra have clay guns and are the antithesis of a lively wingshooting gun.

Both Beretta and Browning have made hybrids that can be used for both purposes, but less durability.

Better yet, a Purdey, Dickson, Woodward, or Boss would be the ultimate in lightweight game guns. Naturally, their useful lifespan is 1/20th the amount of shots before they are rubble.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,808
Members
169,417
Latest member
SommerDoug
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top