Best braid to leader knot...

I just reread your question, "what do you guys use?" That is a different question than "what is the best" FG may be the best, but the melrose island special is what I am going to USE as it is so easy...

I am fairly new to fishing, or fishing with seriousness to it, I am setting up some different rods for a bass fishing weekend. Tieing 40lbs braid to12lbs fluoro and then a couple with 20 to 6, if that makes any diffence.

What knot do you guys use?
I believe the one i use is called the GT knot.

What’s the mono for? Braid to the lure. Palomar

What’s the mono for? Braid to the lure. Palomar
Six of one, half a dozen of the other. Some claim that the mono may serve two purposes. Helps when fishing for line shy fish in clear water and it may act as a shock absorber helping prevent hook pull-outs or line breakage because of the non-stretch qualities of braided. Most of the time I just tie braided straight to swivel or lure. The biggest bugger, IMO, about braided to mono is that it tends to cut mono that it is knotted to- so requires extra care in knot tying and selection to avoid that.

The Slim Beauty...

I use the Albright knot for tying braid to fluoro for dropshot rigs. Passes through the guides easily when casting and doesn't get hung up on the spool.

I use the Albright knot for tying braid to fluoro for dropshot rigs. Passes through the guides easily when casting and doesn't get hung up on the spool.
Good knot! Been around a long time. I think used a lot for attaching fly line to heavy mono butt section instead of using a nail knot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EvieSchref

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,