Bertram Brass Quality?

Tex .416

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 12, 2023
Messages
837
Reaction score
2,510
Media
1
What are people’s experience with Bertram brass quality?

Found some in a hard to find cartridge, but wondering whether to wait and search for another brand?
 
I've been happy with them in range of cartidges, eg 500 Jeff, 450/400, 450 NE etc.
 
I had a tour of the Bertram facility near Seymour in Victoria last year. Any Kynoch stamped brass is made by Bruce. Good brass - buy with confidence.
 
What are people’s experience with Bertram brass quality?

Found some in a hard to find cartridge, but wondering whether to wait and search for another brand?
If you have no choice of finding a case/caliber by a better main stream manufacturer then yes you can use it.

Quality control, brass specs & tempering have been a concern for many users.

I have used a lot of Bertram brass with spotty results in mainly truly obscure calibers .
 
I always anneal brass before I start using it - regardless of brand. I have had split necks on first firing of Norma, Weatherby (made by Norma), Winchester, even Lapua brass. None since I started annealing. I haven't fired Bertram brass without annealing. The only issue I had with Bertram brass was with 500 Jeff - it didn't quite fit (too tight) into the shell-holder until I ground a poofteenth off the shell-holder with a dremel.

Bruce is sometimes the only source of obscure calibres.

He is also the only hunter I know with a full body mount of a Giraffe in his home.
 
If you have no choice of finding a case/caliber by a better main stream manufacturer then yes you can use it.

Quality control, brass specs & tempering have been a concern for many users.

I have used a lot of Bertram brass with spotty results in mainly truly obscure calibers .
This (y)
 
I bought a couple hundred of them in 416 Rigby and found them to be hard. Definetly needed to anneal them before using .

Paul
 
I bought 100 cases in .270 WSM three years ago, when WSM brass was hard to find. I was overjoyed with 100 rounds until I began loading. About 60% of the cases had undersized primer pockets and Large Rifle Magnum primers would not seat. I tried 4 different brands of primers and attempted priming by hand and by press. I attempted contact with Bertram but never got a reply. No more Bertram brass for me!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,429
Messages
1,575,879
Members
170,427
Latest member
mostbetcz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top