Beaver how to!

Talk to your local game warden about them, you can also ask if there is a local trapper who will take care of the problem
 
Can you shoot them if it's your land?

In Alaska, it matters not if they’re on your own land or not.
You may only take them via a trapping license and metal traps of one type or another, wire snare, conibear, old fashion jaw trap and similar contraptions.
If however, you are on Kodiak Island (it is one of many islands belonging to Alaska), for some unknown reason (I suspect some serious drug abuse was involved) it was decided to allow using firearms as a method of take.
Why only on Kodiak Island, at this point remains a mystery.
 
Yes, unfortunately where I live you need a trappers license to take fur bearing animals. They are not plugging a culvert they are damming a creek in the bush.
Love the bacon fat idea as I already have a bear bait beside this creek not far from the lodge.
Since 911, CIL wobblers are impossible to get. Was thinking about maybe making my own black powder and trying that.
Thanks for the input.
Surprised no talk of hairy beavers or bald beavers or how to eat beaver, this group is getting very pedestrian!
I'd rather deal with beavers than bears, and this is coming from a gay man...
 
Basically its a pipe in a pipe with field line connected to it.

so I have a 30 inch culvert pipe that kept getting plugged up so i put an pipe inside it about 16 inch if i remeber correctly with a Y junction on the end and attached 2 100ft by 6 inch pieces of cloth coated drain line. I the slid this thing into the larger pipe about halfway, y junction sticks out of larger pipe about 6-8 ft and the field line goes out into the pond. this is all pinned to the bottom with t- posts and wire so it does not float causing an air lock. and since the source of the noise is at the pipe the beavers burried it but it still drains through the smaller pipe. I will take pictures next time i am there.
 
image.jpg

Here are my redneck engineering plans
 
If a length of 14-2 wire is bared and the positive end is hooked to on side of a roll of steel wool and the negative to another the centre becomes red hot and sparks... useful for making sparks at great distances.
 
They make live traps specifically for beavers. Might be worth a try if you insist they must live. I too don't like the idea of shooting them with a .22 and watching them sink . I like to trap beaver in normal season and keep the skins. I realize when they become a problem with flooding you gotta get rid of them. Good luck!!
 
Get a trapping license, trap them out then have some fun blowing up the damn.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,008
Members
169,881
Latest member
preanartogta1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top