Back in NZ

Cervus elaphus

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
After a spell of being a MIQ prisoner, I eventually got back to NZ last December.
Current plan is to build a .270 Winchester using handloads. Along with that will
be a rifle for small stuff. A few years back I bought a cheap-as Chinese
.22magnum and took it to pieces, finished the rough metalwork and redid the stock, and it
turned into a pretty accurate little rifle. I might go to a single shot this time around.
Cheers

What single shot are you thinking of? A few pics of the redone 22 mag would show the improvments that can be made to these rifles with some paitence and elbow grease.

What single shot are you thinking of? A few pics of the redone 22 mag would show the improvments that can be made to these rifles with some paitence and elbow grease.
Gidday mate. Haven't gone into that yet, still sorting out other stuff here. I've owned 3 x .22 mags, a Stirling HB, Norinco, and a very accurate Anschutz. I no longer have any of those. Single shot mags are not exactly thick on the ground so the other choice is a b/a and I may have to pick one up and refurbish it like the Norinco. Any suggestions and what are you up to ?

For a single shot I would like to have a little martini. The most accurate 22LR I have had was a Kimber but at the moment I have a little south american semi auto.
. Have not been doing a lot on rifles over the last few years as the knifemaking has been where my main effort and interest has centered but I had a call the other night from a guy who wants a forestock made for a Lee Speed that he is waiting on to arrive.

For a single shot I would like to have a little martini. The most accurate 22LR I have had was a Kimber but at the moment I have a little south american semi auto.
. Have not been doing a lot on rifles over the last few years as the knifemaking has been where my main effort and interest has centered but I had a call the other night from a guy who wants a forestock made for a Lee Speed that he is waiting on to arrive.
I'll keep that in mind. Back in the late1950's I had a little Browning takedown semi-auto 22LR - used to carry it in a backpack when I was out fishing for trout. Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!