AWCC Raffles for the Benefit of Late Professional Hunter Phillip Smythe & his Family

Larry is out of the country at the moment with limited communications. I did receive word from him that the contributions through AWCC alone are looking to be over $50,000 to date.

He said there is a flurry of activity that appears to be generated from here!!!

Great work everybody, keep it coming.

Not to worry with him out, his office and staff are handling all of the day to day business.

Thanks again to everybody!!!

Good to see the hunting community stepping up to help the family of one of us.
My condolences to the family.

I bought several tickets and it was 3-4 days then I got an e mail with my numbers-it takes a second but it will get to you

Is there a time period (year) when the raffled elephant hunt must take place?

Mike,

Thanks, I asked Lindon the same question about 10 days ago and he did not respond, only said he booked for 2021. I guess he does not like me any more. :) He and I had a tough but very good buffalo hunt back in 2012, I killed my buffalo on Thanksgiving Day. And yes it was a little warm in the Omay.

I regret to inform you all that PayPal has closed the account because of the gun raffle. Trying to decide what to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can still mail in a check. Just make certain to include your contact information, which raffle you want, and email address so you can receive your ticket numbers quickly.

I regret to inform you all that PayPal has closed the account because of the gun raffle. Trying to decide what to do.
You might want to look into Zelle. Venmo is owned by PayPal.

From Larry:

The buff and the gun raffles are sold out.

We have sold 79 each for the elephant hunt and the hog hunt. There is a lesser number sold for the pheasant hunt.

Only a few more days to go.

Thanks to all who participated.

Will the drawing be broadcast anywhere or just results posted when complete?

The drawing for the hunts has been completed. The winners are as follows:
Elephant- #52. Brian M.
Pheasant #29 John S.
Hog- #21 K Karl E.

The gentleman who donated the guns sold most of the tickets . He has all the info. He will be doing the drawing.

Congrats to the winners. Thanks to all who participated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats everyone, thanks everyone involved for helping out the family

The drawing for the hunts has been completed. The winners are as follows:
Elephant- #52. Brian M.
Pheasant #29 John S.
Hog- #21 K Karl E.

The gentleman who donated the guns sold most of the tickets . He has all the info. He will be doing the drawing.

Congrats to the winners. Thanks to all who participated.
Hi Larry, Thank you for announcing the winners. Please know that for privacy reason I edited your post and removed the last names of the winners. All the best, Jerome

Hi Larry, Thank you for announcing the winners. Please know that for privacy reason I edited your post and removed the last names of the winners. All the best, Jerome
No problem. I accidentally posted again. Trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Sorry!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg