Australia has alligators

From wikipedia...

Among Normanton's most notable features is a statue of an 8.64-metre (28.3 ft) long saltwater crocodile named Krys, the largest ever taken, which was shot by Krystina Pawlowska in July 1957 in the Norman River. "The Big Barramundi", which is 6 metres (20 ft) long, is also located in the town.

I've stood next to this statue on my way to a fishing holiday in Karumba... it's one big croc!
I was also fortunate to see Krys the Croc while we were in Normanton pig hunting and fishing.
They have a reproduction of Krys in the main street of town.

1605735813638.jpeg
1605735857646.jpeg
1605735923148.jpeg

Matt Wright the crocodile hunter in the Norther Territory with his latest catch.
He relocates problem croc’s. Matt said the crocodile, affectionately dubbed Rex by his fans, was 5.1metres (16.7 feet) long despite missing a huge chunk of its tail.
“Just another day in Australia...catching the local dinosaur who’s been eating the cattle and moving him on to somewhere else.”

View attachment 376097

One very big critter

How on earth do you move one that size around? It must weigh a couple of tons!
They use vehicle trailers and 4 X 4 Toyota's to tow them to the release sites.

1605736436150.jpeg

The lead horse is called
Alligator Blood
See I was not joking
We’re Australians -we are different
Ha
@Dr Ray
Only a queenslander would think like that.
Reminds me of the time when the Japanese won the Melbourne cup.
They asked the horse how come they run so fast and who was the trainer.
The horse replied
If you were on the menu you would learn to run fast as well.
Bob

Matt Wright the crocodile hunter in the Norther Territory with his latest catch.
He relocates problem croc’s. Matt said the crocodile, affectionately dubbed Rex by his fans, was 5.1metres (16.7 feet) long despite missing a huge chunk of its tail.
“Just another day in Australia...catching the local dinosaur who’s been eating the cattle and moving him on to somewhere else.”

View attachment 376097
@GeoffB
Let's see them thar alligator hunter on tv bring that fella on board offer trying to wrangle it and choot it with a 22.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg