Anyone want to help estimate the size on this Gemsbok!

HENRY GRIFFITHS SAFARIS

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.henrygriffithsafaris.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
phasa
Seen this one out scouting anyone care to help estimate the size?

picture taken at 200 yards with 200 mm lens on one of our hunting areas in NW south Africa

IMG_6413.jpg

IMG_6420.jpg

I was going to say mid-high 40's.....long for sure, could be heavier

I would guess 45" on the one in front. Appears to be a bull? The one behind it is longer I think but thin so probably a cow.

On second look I think they're both cows. Judging by the compressed rings, I'd say the one in front is very old. One behind not so much. Both are incredible specimens. They are a beautiful animal for sure.

That's gonna be 50" give or take

On the shoulder, when ready shoot! Bang! Who cares how many inches, it's a stud.

Oh........... be still my heart.

Guessing 44-46". He really is a magnificent animal (and the one behind him).

Will you let us know HENRY GRIFFITHS SAFARIS?

Not very concise, but 44-48” is my guess. Likely right at 4’ at the shoulder and pretty dang close to that on the horns.

Dang. Didn’t see the second picture. Better comparison to body size. Upping estimate to close to 50!

43 7/8"

I think two Females 41in at the back 45-46 the front ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColetteJ48

Latest profile posts

BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.