Anyone use Talley extended base or double extended base?

channelkat

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 4, 2022
Messages
407
Reaction score
635
Location
New Mexico
Media
6
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
NRA Patron, SCI Northern New Mexico
Hunted
Mozambique
My understanding is that the extended bases bring the rings closer together. Can anyone give an approximate difference in distance between the different bases? My current setup (M70 .375H&H) is not ideal and with the standard bases puts the ring only a few mm away from the objective.
 
Last edited:
I guess this a Warne forum?! ;)
 
I use the extended front on Model 70s in 375 and 416. Gives plenty room with most Leupolds I mount up.
 
channelkat I had standard Talley bases on my G33/40 7x57 and was very limited to what scope I could use so I ordered their extended rear base and was able to use the 4X Zeiss that I had intended to from the start.
 
I know this thread is almost two years old, but I was just in touch with Talley Manufacturing over this same question. They advised that the "extended" front base allows the user to move the front ring rearward by 0.25", and their "double extended" front base adds another 0.25" of rearward movement (for a total of 0.5" compared to the standard front base).
 
My understanding is that the extended bases bring the rings closer together. Can anyone give an approximate difference in distance between the different bases? My current setup (M70 .375H&H) is not ideal and with the standard bases puts the ring only a few mm away from the objective.

I've used an extended Talley front base only once. It was I believe on a pre-64 model 70. My memory is foggy, but I think I used it because I was not getting correct ejection (maybe hitting QD Lever?). At any rate, it solved the predicament on the front base. I believe it moved the ring forward about 3/4" by placing the ring on a cantilever past the front ring over the barrel.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,032
Members
169,888
Latest member
Sonia16980
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top