Anyone seen anything like this?

johnnyblues

AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
6,903
Reaction score
7,524
Location
Georgia
Media
204
Articles
1
Hunting reports
Africa
13
USA/Canada
1
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
The zebra on the right is what my taxidermists calls wall art. So unique!

CBABAF49-4C37-466C-ABE3-90B0316B6047.jpeg
 
Dennis had something along the same vane.
Certainly interesting.
 
IMG_0549.JPG




The wall art has been around awhile, this was done in 2016. Your picture shows the next variation. It really is beautiful and my son's zebra gets more attention than any of my mounts.
 
Yes
View attachment 310926



The wall art has been around awhile, this was done in 2016. Your picture shows the next variation. It really is beautiful and my son's zebra gets more attention than any of my mounts.
Yes I’ve seen this. Like it too.
 
Not really unique ,been around for couple years now, you can buy this foam form pre made from a supply company and just glue the skin on. Caan in Zimbabwe has been making a square one like that simaliar for about 5 years now
Generic,they all look the same on this form expect for the skill of the guy putting the parts together
I prefer my art below as each one hand made and every one is unique and textured and in the shape of Africa.

Breakthrough-TaxidermyWallArt_ArticlePic.jpg
DSCN6933 (9).jpg
IMG_0538 (18).jpg
 
Last edited:
Agreed
 
I'm not as found of this one, but sure fits the hallway nicely;)

20190914_183315.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ya Bob, I’ve seen the damaske mounts. Just never saw it in that art form piece.
 
Ya Bob, I’ve seen the damaske mounts. Just never saw it in that art form piece.
Funny thing to me is that TCI out of Zim was referring to theirs as a "damaske" all along. The terminologies seem be going back and forth on what they represent exactly.

I agree with Dennis though. If those ripply ones are good art, I'm just not very hip in appreciating them.... But to each their own! Do what you like, appreciate, and get the most enjoyment out of:)
 
Very interesting. I prefer the more traditional mounts on the left. They are beautiful. But I can definitely see have the other would spark conversation.
 
TCI did not start to refer to them as demaske till I coined the word. Their reference and name they used before me was the term "Toile". And were done by an employee there, yes as artforms of animals. First shown at SCI CONVENTION about 5+ years or so ago and were displayed as Toiles. .
 
Funny thing to me is that TCI out of Zim was referring to theirs as a "damaske" all along. The terminologies seem be going back and forth on what they represent exactly.

I agree with Dennis though. If those ripply ones are good art, I'm just not very hip in appreciating them.... But to each their own! Do what you like, appreciate, and get the most enjoyment out of:)
. Still going with the rug as I planned.
 
I think a rug will show the beauty of the mountain zebra better.....I believe.
 
TCI in Bulawayo does these and they are framed like art. I have bushbuck and waterbuck toils as they call them. Check them out at the shows.
Philip
 
TCI did not start to refer to them as demaske till I coined the word. Their reference and name they used before me was the term "Toile". And were done by an employee there, yes as artforms of animals. First shown at SCI CONVENTION about 5+ years or so ago and were displayed as Toiles. .
Ah you are correct, thanks for sparking the memory.

First time I saw them was at their shop in 2014. They had several they counted as successes as well as a few failures;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,650
Members
169,788
Latest member
AngelicaPi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top