Anybody in SWFL?

4adam12

AH senior member
Reaction score
Wondering if there are any members here in the Sarasota to Naples area that would like to get together at the range. I usually go to Babcock-Webb in Punta Gorda, would enjoy meeting some new folks.

Adam

I keep a boat in Palmetto — I am here now for a week or so—and will be back in November

SE Florida here. Closest thing to a safari here would be a paid hog hunt near Clewiston.

used to hunt hogs with Brett @ chappys outfitters years ago when I lived down south, was always a good time with them , now I live in north fl and get to hunt my own property and man is that a nice feeling!
SE Florida here. Closest thing to a safari here would be a paid hog hunt near Clewiston.

Lucky you! I have been out a few times with Brett and it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Are there lots of hogs on your property? My friendd has a cattle ranch that has lots of hogs.He leases the hunting rights, but when the lease owners are nor there, hogs are up for grabs.

IMG_20200824_210027.jpg

Nothing to write home about but good eats

Last edited:
Those two don’t look bad at all. I’ll have to check out Chappys, they don’t look too far from me.

Those two don’t look bad at all. I’ll have to check out Chappys, they don’t look too far from me.
Brett was always a straight shooter... I have some airboat hulls I have to drop to morehaven and myakka soon so I may drop in and say hi to him, been a long time but had some good times with the crew

That sow in the picture may look piggy but all her offspring were weened and rootn for many weeks before I took her , I'm not much into shooting sows but if the younings are old enough and I have some sausage to make i will , we dont just shoot what runs in front of us., we try to make good judgment calls even on swine that folks think the devil ,

Do you use dogs, have a feeder set up or walk and stalk? I’ve met one person here that doesn’t use dogs or a feeder.

Do you use dogs, have a feeder set up or walk and stalk? I’ve met one person here that doesn’t use dogs or a feeder.
No dogs , spot n stalk mostly.... we do use feeders on our property , a buddy was vp over a deer lease for a while and it was nice when it was off season keeping the hog population low

Anyone know of any free range hog hunting in Florida? Is Chappys free range?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois