Anybody ever purchased on Gunbroker.com?

Charlie,

I've bought a couple of pistols, rifles and ammo over the years on GB and no issues in the transactions and all the guns have been accurately described. Give your local FFL a heads up as he will need to fax or email a copy of his FFL paperwork to the seller. Your local FFL will likely charge you $20-40 for handling.

I recently bought my son-in-law a left handed Ruger M77 MkII in 300 WM on GB, laminated stock and stainless. Great looking rifle for a little over $400. I was happy with the deal and so was the son-in-law. He is now set up for our elk hunt in 2017 and maybe a PG hunt sometime in the distant future. :)

Have used it once and bought a spotless Ruger RSM .375 for $1200, and the previous owner/dealer paid the shipping. My son handled it, but it worked out great for me! We didn't even bid, my son called him and made an offer! He accepted!

Tried to use Arms List twice, 2 years ago. Both times were a scam!

Last edited:
For certain items, guns no longer in production, collector's sets, etc, sure, BUT for everyday modern production guns, NO WAY: Unless you don't want to have the Locally owned mom and pop's gun shop anymore,

Alot of guys on GB and others are working out of their home or garage and do not have a store front business, overhead is low, so prices are low, MOst sell at just slightly above dealer's price
BUT figure in shipping and insurance, then the $25 - $50 transfer fee the local shop charges. It is not enough to keep the lights on.

Thanks everyone for the comments and experiences.

For certain items, guns no longer in production, collector's sets, etc, sure, BUT for everyday modern production guns, NO WAY: Unless you don't want to have the Locally owned mom and pop's gun shop anymore,

Alot of guys on GB and others are working out of their home or garage and do not have a store front business, overhead is low, so prices are low, MOst sell at just slightly above dealer's price
BUT figure in shipping and insurance, then the $25 - $50 transfer fee the local shop charges. It is not enough to keep the lights on.

Greyfox: You raise some good points, but I don't agree with all of them. I asked my local gunshop owner what they thought about people buying guns online and having them delivered to his gunshop, just to handle the FFL requirement. He said at first he didn't like it, but that is how the world is evolving. He said he gets his $30 FFL fee as a minimum, but customers picking up their gun might buy a scope and have him mount and bore sight it. Or they'll buy some ammo or maybe want a new trigger installed. In the long run, it grows the local gun dealers business, just in a different way. If they can't compete on price or inventory, they can compete on service.

I have only bought new guns on GB and had them sent to my friend with FFL. It was pretty easy and got a great price. You need your dealers info or at least make sure they are ok working with GB. I believe I in putted my friends FFL info myself.
Happy shopping!
Philip

Greyfox: You raise some good points, but I don't agree with all of them. I asked my local gunshop owner what they thought about people buying guns online and having them delivered to his gunshop, just to handle the FFL requirement. He said at first he didn't like it, but that is how the world is evolving. He said he gets his $30 FFL fee as a minimum, but customers picking up their gun might buy a scope and have him mount and bore sight it. Or they'll buy some ammo or maybe want a new trigger installed. In the long run, it grows the local gun dealers business, just in a different way. If they can't compete on price or inventory, they can compete on service.

When my friend started his gun shop many years ago, he did free transfers for military and law enforcement under the same premise, What we discovered was No, in fact, most of the customers got their guns and walked out, no other purchases.
I always think it's hilarious when someone buys their gun on line, scope from Walmart or Bass Pro, etc, then bring it to me to mount and boresight, I charge $40 in that case and tell them if they'd bought locally, I'd do it for free (part of my lease agreement).

Funny True Story: Night before deer season, guy buys a Marlin lever action at Bass Pro, takes it to the parking lot and it's locked up. Brings the gun to me, and HONESTLY expects me to "fix" it right now for free!! I said take it back to Bass Pro, Oh no, he says, all firearm sales are final, I said leave it with me, let's see what I can do... No, I need it to go hunt tomorrow, Well, I said, you'd better plan to club them with it, then..... Then I told him if he'd purchased from us, yes, we'd make it right or get him another, put a scope on, boresight, etc...
Side note: Night before season opens, people want their rifle "bore sighted" because they are hunting in the morning. Hard to explain that a bore sight is just that, it's an alignment, not a sight in.....

I did just purchase a Timney on GB simply because it was cheaper than the distributors or any where else, I even checked eBay, MidwayUSA, and Brownells.

Also, if you're looking for a current manufactured gun and say there's one on GB for this amount, the local gun shop MAY try to get near that price (plus shipping and transfer) or we'll tell you, "Well, you'd better buy it..."

@greyfox I had a guy show up for hog hunting. Couldn't figure out why he missed two hogs at 60 yards. The property owner shot the gun out of his truck window and told him the scope was off. We setup a piece of paper on the wall of the cabin, sure enough, the scope wasn't close to where the bore was pointed. "Oh, I just got it back last week from a buddy a lent it to a few years ago. Nope, didn't bother going to the range." Really????

YUP, ANother guy "New Scope, New Rifle, thus the scope HAS to be on.... Missed a deer, 4 straight shot (remington Auto) all four in the pavement, - Yeah he shot st a doe crossing the road..

Thi9elsp - where are you located ? I'd MUCH rather hunt hogs than deer.... I'm in Savannah Georgia

Yes, approximately 20 times with zero issues. I highly recommend this site.

Have bought five rifles on GB and have never had an issue. Everything went quick, smooth and was as promised.

On old thread, but since it's brought up again...

I have bought 3 guns off gunbroker.

Two of the guns were new, though both had to be sent back to the manufacturer for accuracy issues. That can happen at any store though. However an advantage to a big box store like bass pro or Cabelas is they can send the gun back for you.

The third rifle I got took on. I bought a used rimfire bolt action that was discontinued and it was in beautiful shape. I didn't get around to shooting it for a few months and then realized it wouldn't feed or fire. A couple parts later, I got it to feed but it still won't fire consistently at all. It's a cheap gun, I will probably wait until the police hold a gun buyback day and get 100 dollars for it and cut my losses. I can't in good faith sell it to some sucker.

Hard to say if the seller knew of the problem or not when he sold it to me. A lot of the gunships take things in on trade and have no idea if it works. Lesson learned with any used gun, shoot it immediately

I have only bought twice from GB. Bought used, a Ruger 1a 7x57 and a 1h 375. Asked a lot of questions prior to buying and I couldn’t be happier.

I made several rifle as well as other purchase on GB all have been without incident, I always check the sellers feed back before bidding

Have bought revolvers on GB. One turned out to be a field model instead of premier, but seller included a nice Western rig. With the upgrades the pistol had, I figured the price was fair. Could have been an honest but careless mistake. Other transactions just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winworldrealty

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.