Anybody ever purchased on Gunbroker.com?

CAustin

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
Zimbabwe,Namibia, South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Wondering if anyone on here has ever made a purchase through this website? I have never done so myself and would like to be schooled on the process. Thanks in advance folks.

@CAustin I have purchased through there for both accessories and firearms. You just need to make sure your local dealer can get all his/her paperwork to the other dealer in a timely manner. Remember that you are not purchasing through Gun Broker, but it is like an eBay for firearm sales. You are paying and purchasing from dealers or individuals.

Bought thru them and Guns America. Pretty much walks you through the process. You may want to find a local FFL that can receive shipment of firearms BEFORE you buy one. Anything else is a piece of cake.

What have you found that's working on you Charlie?

Made a few purchases on Gunbroker, Rifles as well as bullets and Brass, never been burned and I found that the rifles condition were understated, I also made some purchases through Cabelas on-line Gun Library and was able to negotiate a price less than the asking

I've used Gunbroker for a number of purchases over the last five years or so. As stated you need a local FFL Dealer to handle the paperwork and receive the shipment from out of state. You doo need to read the description thoroughly and look at all of the pictures closely. Then ask about bore condition, clarity of optics etc. if not specifically mentioned in the description.

Yes. I have made several purchases and sold a couple on Gunbroker. It works well. Watch for sellers with lots of good feed back and thorough despription of the item with good pics. The downside is that you can't actually hold it, and see it up close and personal.

I have once and it went smooth. Seller was highly rated. Used a local FFL to receive and process the paperwork.

I have used them and it went well. As others have stated use a local FFL and all is good. I have been burned on armslist for some ammo. But now I know better.

i've bought several rifles on Gunbroker.com. note that the gun has to be shipped to an FFL - can't be shipped directly to you. seller will state method of payment & timing of payment in their offering. some sellers take credit cards but most add a c/c surcharge of 3% to the bid price. i usually send a USPO money order and a copy of the FFL the next day. it's up to you to contact and find an FFL in your area. but they have a list of them on Gunbroker.com web site by zip code. look closely at pics, and description of gun, which i've found to be very accurate. but i do stay away from sellers who have only a few transactions or who have had negative ratings. i've had nothing but good transactions. good luck!

Thanks guys I'm starting to understand this

I've bought my last three rifles through Gunbroker over the last three years. A mini 14 SS ranch rifle, awesome CZ 550 in 7x57 with excellent wood NIB ( they only made 100 of these for the U.S. Market ) and my latest Ruger ultralight tang safety M 77 in 257 Roberts. All transactions went smooth as silk. Don't hesitate to make a purchase, just follow the seller feedback ratings as others have suggested. My local gunshop handled all three transfers.

I have bought thru them a bunch of times. Never had a problem. I just would be careful as to who you by from and their feedback.

I believe I am around 100 buys off GB and not one problem. I just don't buy from the guy with no numbers and feedback, make sure to leave feedback for the seller and he will do the same for you. Sellers like to see that you are a good customer as much as you want to know they are a reputable dealer.
Cheers,
Cody

This is important. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING. Nothing drives a seller nuts like a guy who bids, then wins an auction,, then starts asking questions about condition or shipping methods and costs. Had quite a wrangle with a buyer a while back who as a buyer tried to lay out the whole process as he wanted to do it. Had about half my feedback. Didn't like my shipping charges, didn't want to leave feedback first, didn't like anything,, all after he won the auction! I have been buying and selling on GB for some time and its mostly been good. Got burned twice and we exchanged negative feedbacks but in over 300 transactions that's not too bad. One thing though its really easy to get into bidding wars with other bidders. Sometimes you just have to let the other guy have it because it can get more costly than the gun is worth. I went thru this the other day and bid more than I had intended but this time I figured dang it, I am not getting outbid for this gun!! So I won the auction, we'll see if it was worth it. Beware also there is no bid sniping like on Ebay. They have a 15 minute rule, like going once, going twice at a real auction. If a bidder bids in the last 15 minutes of the auction it starts the clock again for another 15 minutes. There are a lot of good and unusual guns and ammo and misc stuff there if you look for it.

This is important. ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE BIDDING. Nothing drives a seller nuts like a guy who bids, then wins an auction,, then starts asking questions about condition or shipping methods and costs. Had quite a wrangle with a buyer a while back who as a buyer tried to lay out the whole process as he wanted to do it. Had about half my feedback. Didn't like my shipping charges, didn't want to leave feedback first, didn't like anything,, all after he won the auction! I have been buying and selling on GB for some time and its mostly been good. Got burned twice and we exchanged negative feedbacks but in over 300 transactions that's not too bad. One thing though its really easy to get into bidding wars with other bidders. Sometimes you just have to let the other guy have it because it can get more costly than the gun is worth. I went thru this the other day and bid more than I had intended but this time I figured dang it, I am not getting outbid for this gun!! So I won the auction, we'll see if it was worth it. Beware also there is no bid sniping like on Ebay. They have a 15 minute rule, like going once, going twice at a real auction. If a bidder bids in the last 15 minutes of the auction it starts the clock again for another 15 minutes. There are a lot of good and unusual guns and ammo and misc stuff there if you look for it.

Good Point. Just as with any auction don't "shop victoriously"!!

The seller has several pages of comments but most s
Are for purchases. It looks like the seller has made sales seven times and all comments good!
A+ rating with 51 comments no negatives. Is this good?

The seller has several pages of comments but most s
Are for purchases. It looks like the seller has made sales seven times and all comments good!
A+ rating with 51 comments no negatives. Is this good?

Yes good. Does he has a 24 ish hour return policy? So if you get it and it really not what you expected, you can return it? With out shooting of course. Most reputable sellers have a similar policy.

As best I can tell it says no return but the three rifle set is all new in the box
Items. 38 pictures and I can tell they are indeed new. No scratches on stocks or barrels. They look great!

Some sellers have a return policy, usually 3 days after receipt, no shoot or disassemble. Often if its a new gun, they will not offer a return but rather send you to the maker instead if there is an issue. Used guns can sometimes be returned but not always, that is why its so important to ask questions first or ask the seller if not clear what his return policy is. Some sellers don't advertise their policy but you can always ask. Having to send guns back is a real PITA and the buyer will have to pay return shipping and sometimes a restocking fee. Its usually better to just keep the dang thing and re sell it on GB or gun show. Another thing to be aware of is the dreaded Reserve auction. I hate reserve auctions and rarely bid on them. Oddly sometimes the seller will list his reserve price right on the listing which seems counterintuitive and it is. If there is nothing in the listing stating "DO NOT ASK RESERVE", I will often ask if I want to bid. Usually they will tell you if asked. But again whats the point of having a reserve auction if you tell everyone the reserve? Its stupid.

Let us know what ya get, my guess is they all three have a big R on them.................

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
remedifys

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!