Any source for .450 NE (thin rim) brass?

Tom Leoni

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Finland, Canada, Africa, Greenland
It seems to be more rare than the fabled white elephant.

There are no in-stock sources available for .450 NE brass (thin rim), and I've had bad luck with a batch of 10 (ten!) BELL basic .450 that I bought, two of which split during resizing--so the other 8 I'm a bit reluctant to use.

Does anyone know of a source? Or has a box of 20 lying around that could sell me (and I'll pay good money)? Going hunting on the 18th and would really like to take my .450 Nitro for Black, but dang it is brass hard to come by!

I'll pay extra for Hornady. Thin rim.

Thanks

Tom

I just ran across your post. On my 470NE I had a similar problem with Bell brass. I had one case crack about .25" lengthwise with minor gas leakage just above the rim on first firing with a relatively light load. I discarded the 20 cases. I have not had any problems in that rifle with other brands of cases even after several reloads.

With respect to the 450NE, if you have not found your 20 cases; I could spare 20 new Hornady 450NE cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lyn302587

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois