Any source for .450 NE (thin rim) brass?

Tom Leoni

AH fanatic
Joined
Nov 11, 2016
Messages
698
Reaction score
3,460
Location
Virginia
Media
34
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Europe
2
Member of
NRA (Life), True Green Alliance
Hunted
USA, Finland, Canada, Africa, Greenland
It seems to be more rare than the fabled white elephant.

There are no in-stock sources available for .450 NE brass (thin rim), and I've had bad luck with a batch of 10 (ten!) BELL basic .450 that I bought, two of which split during resizing--so the other 8 I'm a bit reluctant to use.

Does anyone know of a source? Or has a box of 20 lying around that could sell me (and I'll pay good money)? Going hunting on the 18th and would really like to take my .450 Nitro for Black, but dang it is brass hard to come by!

I'll pay extra for Hornady. Thin rim.

Thanks

Tom
 
I just ran across your post. On my 470NE I had a similar problem with Bell brass. I had one case crack about .25" lengthwise with minor gas leakage just above the rim on first firing with a relatively light load. I discarded the 20 cases. I have not had any problems in that rifle with other brands of cases even after several reloads.

With respect to the 450NE, if you have not found your 20 cases; I could spare 20 new Hornady 450NE cases.
 
I’d be interested to hear if anyone has found a reliable source for the 450 NE brass lately. It sounds like it’s still pretty tough to track down, so any leads or recent availability updates would be much appreciated.
 
Bertram still make 450 X 3.25 NE brass. I don't know what you mean by 'thin rim' but if you email Bruce at Bertram Bullets b.bertram1@bigpond.com , I'm sure he could advise whether his match what you want. Likewise he could tell who in the US distributes his products.
 
I have had the same experience with Bell 470NE brass. The second one I fired with a light practice load split about a quarter of an inch just above the rim.

I have had good luck with Midway for Hornady 450NE brass. They are quite often out but seem to rapidly replenish their stock. Right now, they are showing it as a backorder item with a 9/26 expected delivery.
 
I’d be interested to hear if anyone has found a reliable source for the 450 NE brass lately. It sounds like it’s still pretty tough to track down, so any leads or recent availability updates would be much appreciated.
Desert Tech Munitions is the US Distributor.

They have it in stock.

 
I have had the same experience with Bell 470NE brass. The second one I fired with a light practice load split about a quarter of an inch just above the rim.

I have had good luck with Midway for Hornady 450NE brass. They are quite often out but seem to rapidly replenish their stock. Right now, they are showing it as a backorder item with a 9/26 expected delivery.
Where are you seeing it on Midways site? Other than ammo I could never find the 450 brass listed.
 
When I type in 450 "Nitro Express" in the search block that appears when the site opens, all the 450 items such as dies, loaded ammo, rifles, and brass come up.
 
When I type in 450 "Nitro Express" in the search block that appears when the site opens, all the 450 items such as dies, loaded ammo, rifles, and brass come up.
i think its showing you 450/400 not 450 NE
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,269
Messages
1,571,091
Members
169,254
Latest member
Leticia301
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top