Any Mauser Experts?

Berettaco

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Joined
Jan 4, 2021
Messages
907
Reaction score
2,056
Location
Cape Girardeau
Media
9
Hunted
South Africa
Good evening all,
I recently acquired a nice little Factory Mauser 98 .270 and was wondering if anyone here might have some info about the newer mausers? I looked on their website and don’t see anything that matches up. Any ideas of what model this might be? Year of production etc?
attached a few pictures - any info greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

E998F67F-9FDE-4C7D-ADDB-95FDEC6A523C.jpeg
DEB4D172-A8F3-46DC-A29A-AFA030376721.jpeg
62E9AE8C-F096-4D49-9F02-B4A998057527.jpeg
9A4C707F-781E-49A7-A862-230138122CE3.jpeg
63E6F5B4-4E2D-42CB-9609-4B233105F4A6.jpeg
A4B9BC95-530D-4826-A169-D26671139FA7.jpeg
C623F4F3-A3EE-48C9-BEC2-173DED65340C.jpeg
2313D34D-2BB1-42DA-805C-AB7C2AAA588A.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That’s interesting. A thumb/gas cut and new bottom metal? Have you had the bases or stock off?

looks like a custom rifle someone made with modem mauser bottom metal, which would not surprise me as aftermarket bottom metal it getting more difficult to find.

Serial numbers match?
 
@baxterb - I looked at the serial numbers and they all match - bolt included. The fit and finish on the action, sights, bolt etc.. look much nicer than any of the other custom mausers I have- plus the floor plate markings so I assumed it was a factory job.
I hadn’t taken the stock off (should have done that first thing) but I just did and found the answer to my question. It’s stamped F. Haugh 87. Quick google search and found info on this custom maker.
Now I’ll try to find all I can about this gentleman.
Thanks!
 
I’m not certain - I sent an email to Haugh Gunsmiths and hopefully can get more info.

78D9A1C9-03D3-4DB3-AA19-5F0712641AAD.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just doing a search and this gun was sold via Guns International at one time. It is indeed Jack's son Frank. Interestingly enough, in the ad pics there was not a Mauser logo on the floor plate.

Go to Guns international and search Frank Haugh Custom Mauser. Might call the old seller.

Really nice rifle you have!
 
Just doing a search and this gun was sold via Guns International at one time. It is indeed Jack's son Frank. Interestingly enough, in the ad pics there was not a Mauser logo on the floor plate.

Go to Guns international and search Frank Haugh Custom Mauser. Might call the old seller.

Really nice rifle you have!
That’s great info - thank you much! I will still googling and didn’t find that yet. That is interesting about the floor plate, guess someone thought it would look better. I think I might bug the old seller to see if he has any info.
I appreciate all the help!!
 
Does it have the stag horn proof? This logo on mag is modern era.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,324
Messages
1,572,945
Members
169,655
Latest member
NehuSinhi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top