Any luck with Boyd's stocks?

I've got 1, on a Win 70 300 wby. It dropped right in, but it took a decent amount of bedding compound. Also the outside (still) needs to be trimmed up, several places there is way too much extra wood, it actually impeded my bolt release from working until I relieved it. Overall its a good stock. I may buy another, since they make stocks for a couple rifles I have that no one else really supports (Yugo m48 and ruger m77 mkii). Next time I'm going with the platinum stock, its a little more "classic" to factory stocks. It doesn't have the wide forearm.

A buddy of mine swears by them, i think he has 5 or 6 on various guns
Awesome thank you so much for the info! Just ordered one and am excited to try it out!

Another stock option is Richards Microfit Gunstocks: http://rifle-stocks.com/

I have not purchased a stock from them, but they seem to offer a wide selection, including some nicer wood options. The wood stocks are unfinished, so you can either finish them or have someone local do it.

Screenshot (312).png

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a Boyd's Laminate stock put on a sporterized 03-A3 that I had converted into a 35 Whelen. Although not fancy it makes for a good working rifle. Like others I did have the action bedded and the barrel free-floated. If I ever need to restock another rifle I'd use the Boyd's Laminate in a heartbeat.

Another stock option is Richards Microfit Gunstocks: http://rifle-stocks.com/

I have not purchased a stock from them, but they seem to offer a wide selection, including some nicer wood options. The wood stocks are unfinished, so you can either finish them or have someone local do it.

View attachment 191562
I looked into them. They have a lot of options, have a lot of nice pictures and make a lot of claims. But there's a lot of stories about them on the net, most not too flattering, just do a little looking. Unless you are prepared for some work, in some cases a lot of work, I highly suggest staying away from them.
For a good drop-in stock Boyd's is currently the place to go.

I looked into them. They have a lot of options, have a lot of nice pictures and make a lot of claims. But there's a lot of stories about them on the net, most not too flattering, just do a little looking. Unless you are prepared for some work, in some cases a lot of work, I highly suggest staying away from them.
For a good drop-in stock Boyd's is currently the place to go.
Iv'e heard the same and I understand the wait runs into months

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg