Any Caeser Guerini guys out there?

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have been considering a nice O/U for a long while. I purchased a few lower end guns and hunted with/shot clays with them to make sure I was going to like using an O/U before I took the plunge.
What I am looking for is a nice higher end O/U that is useable as a field gun, not a dedicated clay gun, but something I can enjoy while squirrel or rabbit hunting/upland birds, and an occasional trip to shoot clays. I really like the Guerinis and I have my eye on possibly one of the 20/28/.410 sets. My plan is to check them out in person at the DSC next weekend and possibly make a purchase since, while I'm there I can handle a few of them and see how I feel about the fit of the gun and such.
Any info or advice on these guns would be welcome. Any particular model or set up I should look at?

I have looked at the Guerinis and they are really beautiful shotguns. I don't own one, but I've seen shooters with them at the sporting clays range at Elm Fork range in Dallas. Haven't heard anything negative about them. FWIW, my sporting clay shotgun and my field/game gun are both Berettas, but I gave the Guerini serious consideration before buying the Berettas.

I have a couple, really like them. Here is one of them, Invictus III. It has already been to the factory for one of their free tune-ups.

1704232776222.png

1704232830190.png

1704232881479.png

1704232948755.png

They have the best warranty in the industry. I had my sumit brake at the new York state trap shoot called them Sent it to them. The barrel was replaced and sent back in seven days. There was 10000 rounds threw it all work was done free of charge. A class company standing arround there guns.

They have the best warranty in the industry. I had my sumit brake at the new York state trap shoot called them Sent it to them. The barrel was replaced and sent back in seven days. There was 10000 rounds threw it all work was done free of charge. A class company standing arround there guns.
This seems to be one of the recurring things that I hear, and one of the reasons, other than the fact that their guns are beautiful, that I am leaning towards buying one of these shotguns. Everyone says their service and warranty are outstanding, and honestly you see that very often these days.

I have a C-G Essex in 20/28 with a very low round count from both sets and going to be selling. It has been afield for pheasant and some clays, but in very good condition.

Factory length of pull and drops. Color case. Bought new at a C-G dealer, one owner. Matching wood for the fore arms. Solid rib.

I broke my right wrist and shooting is far on my back burner for a long spell, so I was going to thin down a few things from my safe. I havent even taken pics of it or a semi auto Beretta both of which have seen little use

As of today this is all I have for pics (20ga barrel) but if you want to chat, send me a PM.

wmlS61g.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Found the 28ga set on my imgur account…hunting chipmunks in my storage yard was its main use. LOL

fQZtZPs.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been very happy with my Summit Combo performance. I have not done the pit stop yet. My scores did improve switching to the Guerini. Hard to beat all of their features for the money.

Have a look at rizzini or chapuis, lot of value for the money. Guerini is a great gun and company.

I have been considering a nice O/U for a long while. I purchased a few lower end guns and hunted with/shot clays with them to make sure I was going to like using an O/U before I took the plunge.
What I am looking for is a nice higher end O/U that is useable as a field gun, not a dedicated clay gun, but something I can enjoy while squirrel or rabbit hunting/upland birds, and an occasional trip to shoot clays. I really like the Guerinis and I have my eye on possibly one of the 20/28/.410 sets. My plan is to check them out in person at the DSC next weekend and possibly make a purchase since, while I'm there I can handle a few of them and see how I feel about the fit of the gun and such.
Any info or advice on these guns would be welcome. Any particular model or set up I should look at?
I have one and my son has the trap model. They are really nice guns and will fit what you are wanting to do.

That’s a beautiful set @Dinsdale! Guerini and Rizzini both make dedicated game gun models that come close to the weight and dynamics of a British O/U game gun. One of their game gun models in 20 or 28 with 30” tubes would be very interesting indeed. I like the longer tubes in a game gun. Most would probably advise 28” tubes.

I have been very happy with my Summit Combo performance. I have not done the pit stop yet. My scores did improve switching to the Guerini. Hard to beat all of their features for the money.
YL1X, your “scores did improve switching to the Guerini”? That was a very inconsiderate post — You might of just cost ME $5000 !! (because I’ve been trying to justify buying one for a year). My previous rational was “until I’m consistently shooting Sporting Clays in the 80s - I don’t deserve one”…. Well, despite lots of practice this year - I’m a 70s shooter and stuck in NSCA “D” Class. Thanks to YOU - might try to Buy-my-way up to “C” Class !!

I did the pit stop once so far. I had scratches on the side of the stock from my watch band before I realized I was scratching it up when I broke open the action. They fixed that as well as part of the pit stop at no charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you