Any .350 Rem Mag Fans?

Forgive me for not looking back over this thread just yet, but what load do you guys prefer for an all round hunter with the 350RM? Any factory loadings still available, or just handloads? What's the do all choice for deer to moose to griz and everything in between?

Forgive me for not looking back over this thread just yet, but what load do you guys prefer for an all round hunter with the 350RM? Any factory loadings still available, or just handloads? What's the do all choice for deer to moose to griz and everything in between?
I think your perfect load is a 250 Partition over W748... it is what I carry when hunting and guiding for anything with the .350. Plenty of power and low mess.

If I'm doing anything but shooting corn munchers, it's a 180 gr TTSX under a stout charge of Tac.

I have a Ruger 77 mk2 in 350 Rem mag never had any factory ammo , only hand loads . Rem brass. Projectiles i have used are Rem 200grn CL, 200 grn Hornady interlock ,220 grn Speer hot core & 225 grn Woodleigh. Powders used Win 748 & Adi AR2206H sold in USA as H4895 . all shoot 3 shot groups about 1.25 Moa & flatten any thing i have shot with it . Rifle is fitted with a 2.5x Redfield.

Last edited:
I have a Ruger 77 mk2 in 350 Rem mag never had any factory ammo , only hand loads . Rem brass. Projectiles i have used are Rem 200grn CL, 200 grn Hornady interlock ,220 grn Speer hot core & 225 grn Woodleigh. Powders used Win 748 & Adi AR2206H sold in USA as H4895 . all shoot 3 shot groups about 1.25 Moa & flatten any thing i have shot with it . Rifle is fitted with a 2.5x Redfield.
#rdog
I will be up in Brisbane next week. We could meet up at Cleavers and you could give me the 350 to bring home and I will work up some loads for 275s, and 310s for you.
I will return it to you. Promise just don't know when
Bob

rdog, have you looked at trying BM8208 in your 350RM? It is the best ADI powder for the Whelen. Just thought of it so no idea if it is suitable or not.

BTW rdog, look up "shonkey" in the dictionary and there is a picture of Bob. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
#rdog
I will be up in Brisbane next week. We could meet up at Cleavers and you could give me the 350 to bring home and I will work up some loads for 275s, and 310s for you.
I will return it to you. Promise just don't know when
Bob
I could catch up with you for lunch if you like Bob , let me know . i do not like the 350 loan bit you may molest it:confused:.

I Love the 350RM. I have a Ruger 77ll with a Bushnell Elite 3200 2x7 on it. I shoot a 225 Barnes TSX over a good charge of Tac. Fast 2800fps and Accurate 1/2"-3/4". Kills like a Hammer !!

rdog, have you looked at trying BM8208 in your 350RM? It is the best ADI powder for the Whelen. Just thought of it so no idea if it is suitable or not.
As I said in the second post on this thread, 8208 is my favorite powder for the .350 Rem Mag. Hodgdon data for the .35 Whelen is suitable since the Rem Mag and Whelen are nearly identical in case capacity.

BTW rdog, look up "shonkey" in the dictionary and there is a picture of Bob. :ROFLMAO:
@Rule 303
I resemble that statement, I'm as honest as the day is long. Problem is we have some very short days in NSW.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

I could catch up with you for lunch if you like Bob , let me know . i do not like the 350 loan bit you may molest it:confused:.
@rdog
I would never molest a 35, a 243 would get special attention with a barrel change to 358 tho.
I will give you a call mate
Bob

As I said in the second post on this thread, 8208 is my favorite powder for the .350 Rem Mag. Hodgdon data for the .35 Whelen is suitable since the Rem Mag and Whelen are nearly identical in case capacity.
Wswolf
Just because it has the same capacity doesn't mean it will be the same . Case shape affects the burning rates of some powders
Bob

Thanks. I hate wearing masks and try to avoid sunburn. many years ago a disposal store in West Australia was selling old Russian unused gas masks, wish I had bought one. When the mask mandates came in at work you know what I'd have been wearing.:Angelic:

Wswolf
Just because it has the same capacity doesn't mean it will be the same . Case shape affects the burning rates of some powders
Bob
If you have some evidence that case shape affects burning rate I would very much like to see it. If I am proven to be wrong I will gladly change my opinion and thank you for setting me straight.
Allow me to quote from The Big Book of Gun Gack (Barsness, 2015) page 309.

"A few years ago my friend Charlie Sisk, the well-known custom riflesmith from Texas, built a heavy-barreled .300 H&H and shot the rifle with a half-dozen handloads in his indoor range. He then rechambered the same barrel for the .300 WSM and tried the same powders and bullets. Muzzle velocities and strain-gauge pressures were carefully recorded. Guess what? The results turned out to be practically identical in every way, despite the extreme differences in case shape. The reason for this coincidence is simple: The powder capacity of both cases is practically identical."

I have, personally, seen that case shape has little, if any, effect when loading the 7x57 using 7-08 data and also when comparing identical bullets and powder charges in the .35 Whelen and .350 Rem Mag.

Kindest regards,
Walt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.