Another 4457 question

I just got a couple of 4457s done. I had listed the rifle and scope on each form. Customs entered "Two" into the black after "Number: ______________" meaning two items listed on the form.


At the bottom of the form it states: "Certifying Officer shall draw lines through all unused spaces with ink"

The CBP officer typically takes a red pen and will cross hatch any unused whitespace on the form.

My form was stamped in the lower left corner over the space for "Port" and the Port number was written in.

@375 Ruger Fan is correct, the number of different items listed in the Description of Articles Box goes in the Number Box. So if you have 3 rifles in the Description of Articles Box a 3 goes in the Number Box. I usually fill it out but if not the CBP officer has filled it out on my forms. The Number of the Port goes in the Port Box
 
After we had ours done and left blank, I called back and asked about it. He said don’t worry about it. I’m sending our paperwork to Henry in SA, I’ll keep everyone updated.
Did you get a response from Henry regarding leaving the space blank?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,088
Members
169,696
Latest member
pmetnewsfiblie1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top