Another 4457 question

Speedster

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I noticed on the current 4457 form the top line says Number:___________. This was not on the form the last time I filled it out. Is this line filled out by the customs office or do I fill this out and if so what do I put there?

Customs doesn’t require or put anything here. I put the serial number of my rifle so there was no blank spaces when taking to Africa.

Customs put the stamp over the blank on mine.

The agent is not suppose to line out any unfilled boxes, but that area is where most will stamp it

I just got a couple of 4457s done. I had listed the rifle and scope on each form. Customs entered "Two" into the black after "Number: ______________" meaning two items listed on the form.

The agent is not suppose to line out any unfilled boxes, but that area is where most will stamp it
At the bottom of the form it states: "Certifying Officer shall draw lines through all unused spaces with ink"

The CBP officer typically takes a red pen and will cross hatch any unused whitespace on the form.

My form was stamped in the lower left corner over the space for "Port" and the Port number was written in.

Mine was done just recently. He wasn't quite sure what to do with that space. So after a phone call he just put "1" there :)

I just looked at my last 4457 and that square contains the stamp.

I did use a copy of the 4457 that I printed instead of the smaller form that Customs has

Just looked at mine, done last week. That line is blank. He stamped over his name and port number.

We had ours done this week. The agent left the number line blank. He did advise us when listing the rifle and serial number to add “with optics”.

I had mine done a few weeks back in McKinney, TX. The CBP officer put the port number there. Im just glad it wasnt left blank

Not sure if it's correct, but I filled out three (3) Form 4457 for my trip and in the Number portion I put "1 of 3" "2 of 3" and "3 of 3"

I just went and got mine. The agent did sign more than 1 so I do not have to get copies. I asked him and he said to leave the space blank. I am debating whether to put a number there rather than leave it blank.

I just went and got mine. The agent did sign more than 1 so I do not have to get copies. I asked him and he said to leave the space blank. I am debating whether to put a number there rather than leave it blank.
After we had ours done and left blank, I called back and asked about it. He said don’t worry about it. I’m sending our paperwork to Henry in SA, I’ll keep everyone updated.

The nice thing about standards is there are so many to choose from.

I did my latest last week, and three others a month earlier. I put the rifles serial number in the number field. The make and model in the description field.

The Customs officers put the port number in the port field and stamped the lower right corner, half in the boundaries of the for and half out.

The office I used this time was the port of Morgan City which actually isn’t in Morgan City. All the officers were fantastic to work with.

I’ll add that I scan the original, save the original, create a pdf version of the scan and keep those on my laptop and iPhone, and print the scan, laminate it, and that goes in the gun case.

Reactions: MTA
After we had ours done and left blank, I called back and asked about it. He said don’t worry about it. I’m sending our paperwork to Henry in SA, I’ll keep everyone updated.
Yes, please do when you find out anything. Thanks!

I’ll add that I scan the original, save the original, create a pdf version of the scan and keep those on my laptop and iPhone, and print the scan, laminate it, and that goes in the gun case.
That's pretty impressive, but I think you forgot one spot. The billboard sign near the airport entrance. :A Outta:

1677879627598.png

I know old thread but was curious if there is an actual form available because when I print it is a tiny form? Is that correct?

I posted a attachment to a full size form in your other post

I know old thread but was curious if there is an actual form available because when I print it is a tiny form? Is that correct?
My CBP office told me the small form was correct. Really there isn’t a wrong answer if it gets filled in and stamped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg