Another 4457 question

I just got a couple of 4457s done. I had listed the rifle and scope on each form. Customs entered "Two" into the black after "Number: ______________" meaning two items listed on the form.

At the bottom of the form it states: "Certifying Officer shall draw lines through all unused spaces with ink"

The CBP officer typically takes a red pen and will cross hatch any unused whitespace on the form.

My form was stamped in the lower left corner over the space for "Port" and the Port number was written in.

@375 Ruger Fan is correct, the number of different items listed in the Description of Articles Box goes in the Number Box. So if you have 3 rifles in the Description of Articles Box a 3 goes in the Number Box. I usually fill it out but if not the CBP officer has filled it out on my forms. The Number of the Port goes in the Port Box

After we had ours done and left blank, I called back and asked about it. He said don’t worry about it. I’m sending our paperwork to Henry in SA, I’ll keep everyone updated.
Did you get a response from Henry regarding leaving the space blank?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!