And now for something completely different...

You haven't lived till you've eaten mustard sardine burritos in a driving rainstorm! Short elk hunting story: father in law forgot the meat and we were ten miles packed in. He had tortillas in his pack and I had two cans of the sardines in mine. We were in our sleeping bags under a tarp on about a 40 degree angle with our feet on a log to keep from sliding and getting the bags wet in the growing stream below the log while eating the burritos. Wish I could've had Tabasco! I hope my African hunt is like this! Ha! Ha! Ha!
'really like sardines (even moreso during covid as they're high in Vit D,) but...that's as gross as me tossing 'em in ramen noodles (that was a disgusting mistake. like attack of the killer fish pho disgusting!) In your case it was survival food...funny what we'll eat when hungry!

Coyote lure. Pour some on a sagebrush about 50 meters from your blind. I'm sure it will work well.
lol i bet my son would use it for trapping!

Coyote lure. Pour some on a sagebrush about 50 meters from your blind. I'm sure it will work well.
Upon checking the trap, an entire pack of coyotes was found dead fighting amongst themselves for the lure, which went untouched...

Upon checking the trap, an entire pack of coyotes was found dead fighting amongst themselves for the lure, which went untouched...
Sooo…just the smell killed them then?! Cool!

it's not smelly, but powerful and concentrated. picture a Maasai warrior on a 120F day and sucking the bone marrow straight out of a 1 day old cow femur w/ a straw. something like that? LOL i'm sure it's rendered down beef-somethings. as Kevin P. stated, it's best when used sparingly, with butter. i didn't follow that wisdom, and nor was i directed to do so (even the PHs wife shook her head in disgust!) :p

Peanut butter on toast with fresh jalapeños on top. It seems strange, but it tastes like eating Thai food. The peanut butter dulls the heat of the jalapeño.
This I gotta try...sounds really good.

Occasionally, took sack lunch to grade school- pineapple slice with mayo white bread sandwich or banana slice with mayo white bread sandwich. Even younger, age 4 or so, went out by myself into the open spaces behind the house on adventures with the neighbor's dog Lopsy- usually took lettuce and mayo white bread sandwiches.

More recently a pet peeve of mine- can't find decent red chile huevos rancheros- mid Rio Grande NM/Southwestern style. No one seems to have a clue :( Last place I found who knew how to do it right was 75 miles away but went out of business because of the insanity of covid lockdown.

Yip that crap just gets stuck in your mouth.....

Nice big red skin salted peanuts whole may be a different treat.....

Occasionally, took sack lunch to grade school- pineapple slice with mayo white bread sandwich or banana slice with mayo white bread sandwich. Even younger, age 4 or so, went out by myself into the open spaces behind the house on adventures with the neighbor's dog Lopsy- usually took lettuce and mayo white bread sandwiches.

More recently a pet peeve of mine- can't find decent red chile huevos rancheros- mid Rio Grande NM/Southwestern style. No one seems to have a clue :( Last place I found who knew how to do it right was 75 miles away but went out of business because of the insanity of covid lockdown.
that's surprising! prob. too far away but Nora's Tacos on 90 in Sabinal TX def makes it and another place (name escapes me, farther west in Bracketville-only rest. on 90) makes same. The owners are so nice...Even if you called, begged them to send you frozen stuff they def would overnight it! (not too hard to make yourself, either!) Good stuff.

Zellwood fla sweet corn boiled butter and or shaker cheeze.my kids would laugh clean off 2 or 3 Cobbs with out stopping.canned asparagus drain heat lots of butter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross