Ammunition packing

MLindsay

AH enthusiast
Joined
May 9, 2009
Messages
294
Reaction score
516
Member of
SCI
In the past I have packed misc items in my small hardcase with my ammo. Just checking to see if anyone has had trouble lately
 
I usually put my knives in my ammo case and haven’t had any issues ever.
 
I put my rifle bolts in the ammo case. No issues.
 
Recent trip I had a knife and small tools in my ammo case and didn’t have any issues.
 
In the past I have packed misc items in my small hardcase with my ammo. Just checking to see if anyone has had trouble lately
The key is weight not items. You can pack other items as long as the total does not exceed 11.5 pounds
 
The only thing that I pack in my ammo box is ammo, there is really no need to pack anything else in it. That box will travel 99% of the way to your hunting destination in your checked luggage.

I have a small separate bag that I'll place things that I want handy with that bag inside of my check bag.
 
Yea you can pack knives and other related items. I don't personally anymore as I am pushing the weight limits with ammo each trip.
 
I will say my ammo box with ammo in it exceeded the 5kg weight. Flying out of Kimberly they made me weigh just the ammo. No other airports cared about the weight.
 
Checked in just now. Delta Houston,
Rifle case was over 50lbs. 54 on there scale. Agent let it slide, no excess weigh fee. Also, told them ammo in checked bag, asked they want to weigh, she asked is it under 11lbs. Was all and weighed bag then. That bag was over weight, 62 lbs. charges $100. Had 3rd checked bag. It was over 50lbs also. But she let it go for only $200 extra bag fee. Got lucky on excess bag fees and no ammo looked at or weighed. Also guns were tagged and just sent thru X-ray. No unpacking for inspections.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,371
Members
169,547
Latest member
JoniScorfi
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top