Ammo Box

Last edited by a moderator:
Pelican. I have three sizes depending on how much ammo I’m taking.
 
If you happen to own any pistols you will find that the cases they come it make wonderful ammo cases. I am using 3 such cases this May. One S&W and 2 Spingfield XD & XDM cases. They will each hold up to 6 boxes of ammo. I have 2 of them packed with 110 rounds of 30-06 (One is for me and one is for a friend also using 30-06). This keeps them just under 11 pounds (5 kg) with case and locks. The third case has 5 boxes of 300 Win Mag in it - again, just under 11 pounds all in. The great thing about this it that when you check the ammo here in the states it will be in the middle of a suitcase, but if you have another flight in SA, either in, or out of country, they are not going to let you leave the ammo in a suitcase. They will want it out and traveling on its own. The pistol case works good in this instance - better than a lunch box, or plastic ammo can. They may not be as tough as a Pelican, but they are made to protect a pistol, and if you already have them at home they work fine. I have done this twice before. It is hard to watch them send your ammo down the belt on its own, but it is better than the bag and string they sometimes offer you to put your ammo in. A side note - I have not yet been asked to pay an extra baggage fee for going over my 2 checked bag allowance when they do this. Not saying it can't happen though......
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,292
Messages
1,571,862
Members
169,448
Latest member
MichaelMur
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top