Americase Group Buy for 3-Gun rolling safari cases (order form here)

I agree that the cost isn't much but I believe with United it is $200 each way. I was just hoping the case would be just a bit lighter but I think I will likely use it still and take both scopes off. I'm sure I will have to adjust a bit when I get there but would likely have to anyways since I'll be about 3000 ft higher there than I am at home. Heck if I don't care for the Americase I am sure I will be able to sell it quite easily to a member here.

Spend the $200 overweight fee on a set of QD rings and then you A.) won't have to pay the overweight fee, and B.) your optic is higher likelihood of working when you arrive at your hunt.

I agree that the cost isn't much but I believe with United it is $200 each way. I was just hoping the case would be just a bit lighter but I think I will likely use it still and take both scopes off. I'm sure I will have to adjust a bit when I get there but would likely have to anyways since I'll be about 3000 ft higher there than I am at home. Heck if I don't care for the Americase I am sure I will be able to sell it quite easily to a member here.
LETZHUNT: there are also “Kalispel” Safari type aluminum gun cases - they appear identical to Americase design and same .080 aluminum thickness, only weigh 25 lbs. and lifetime warranty. The 2 gun model $795/24 lbs. and 3 gun $950/25 lbs. I’ve Never owned or handled one so can Not recommend them

I realize this is a bit old but hoping to get some info about the Americase. I actually got one at a recent auction but don't have it yet. I am traveling to RSA in May and planning to take two rifles. The only drawback is that I first heard these were 31 lbs and just saw that one of the new ones weighed at 33.7 Lbs. That really does worry me a bit now because adding my two rifles I will be at 51 Lbs. that's with removing one of the scopes that is a quick release. The other scope is a picatinny mount and can be removed and that is what I will likely do. I will obviously shoot the rifle before hunting to check zero and can make the little adjustment that will likely be needed. Truly just didn't want to have to take off the scope. I also have a Pelican 1750 that I cut custom foam for and that will make the weight but not as durable I don't think. And I have a Double SKB case too.

So here are some questions:
Do they all weigh around 33.7 Lbs or do they vary a bit?
Is there any way to save weight by altering the interior at all?

I don't regret getting the Americase but if taking both scopes off is necessary then it defeats my purpose a bit. I can do that with my Pelican and don't have much risk in harming a gun without a scope. In the end I will pack everything in the case and get it properly weighed and do what I need to do. I was just hoping to hear that these cases are so much better that they are simply just worth using whether by paying for overweight baggage or removing the scopes to make weight.
I have one and it is too heavy loaded unless flying business. Even then the size of it can be an issue with air travel. Take the middle foam out of your Pelican and out the rifles in soft cases. Pelican is as tough as they come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennyJuan9

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek
Have a look af our latest post on the biggest roan i ever guided on!

I realize how hard the bug has bit. I’m on the cusp of safari #2 and I’m looking to plan #3 with my 11 year old a year from now while looking at my work schedule for overtime and computing the math of how many shifts are needed….
Safari Dave wrote on Kevin Peacocke's profile.
I'd like to get some too.

My wife (a biologist, like me) had to have a melanoma removed from her arm last fall.
Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?