Am I Crazy?!? Or Did I Catch the Mid-Bore Bug?

Hey everyone!

I think I have a bad case of the Mid-bore-idous bug.
I bought, yet again, a Savage 110E in .270 Win, and am now thinking of sending the barreled action off to JES to have them rebore/rechamber it to 9.3x62 (the African 35 Whelen).

Is this a good idea?
Or should I buy another ER Shaw barrel kit, and get the 338-06, and switch it to that caliber?

Ugh! I hate this!
But whatever I decide, I think I’ll really like it.

Hawk
Let’s get you into the big bore double rifle club‍♂️

Here is my Sauer 100 Black, dressed in her sexy little black dress!! LOL

Hawk
IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

I like the shape but that color is suitable only for funerals. A Burlwood pattern hydro dip would dress it up right nice.

Yes, that would be a nice touch.

As I look at it, it wears black, because whatever I go after, it’s going to be it’s funeral!

Hawk

@hawkeyesatx
That's If'n y'all hit right which I know you do.

@Bob Nelson 35 Whelen

You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve come across green horn hunters, or even so called experienced hunters, and they don’t know where to shoot a big game animal!

Hawk

From my experience it is not so much not knowing as it is not being able to, due to lack of practice , flinching due to too much gun or just plain old lack of proficiency. Of course for some it is the dreaded “buck fever”.

@Bob Nelson 35 Whelen

You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve come across green horn hunters, or even so called experienced hunters, and they don’t know where to shoot a big game animal!

Hawk
@hawkeyesatx
No mate I'm not surprised.
I was shooting with someone one day that took 3 shots at a rabbit and kept missing. I asked him what he was doing.
He replied I like to give them a few warning shots first.
The funny part was the rabbit had myxo and we walked over to it and he shot it from about 3 feet with his so called super accurate 22.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ValentinMo

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.