Alliant powders

Luvthunt

AH legend
Joined
Aug 4, 2018
Messages
2,216
Reaction score
2,211
Media
2
In another thread on this web site there was info on using RE 17 in the 375HH . So I Emailed Alliant for load data. The return Email stated they do not furnish load data and it is the responsibility of the bullet manufacturer to do so.

Never heard this in the past. Guess Alliant is not interested in selling powder.
 
In another thread on this web site there was info on using RE 17 in the 375HH . So I Emailed Alliant for load data. The return Email stated they do not furnish load data and it is the responsibility of the bullet manufacturer to do so.

Never heard this in the past. Guess Alliant is not interested in selling powder.
Plenty of data on their website.

.https://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/default.aspx
 
Alliant Powder’s website has extensive load data and bullet combinations available.
 
Not with Re 17 for the 375HH

Just an FYI, I checked Ammo Guide for RL 17 loads. For Alliant powders, they list 39 loads. All but five list RL15 and only one for RL17 using Peregrine 300 gr bullets. For 350 Barnes TSXFB, there's two loads with RL26. Alliant's website recommends RL15 also.
 
Alliant recently had a 30% across the board price increase.
Winchester, Hodgson, Accurate and Ramshot have not increased their prices as much as Alliant, as an example I bought some Accurate 2230 three years ago, $29.00 for a pound, same store today $34.00.
 
Alliant recently had a 30% across the board price increase.
Winchester, Hodgson, Accurate and Ramshot have not increased their prices as much as Alliant, as an example I bought some Accurate 2230 three years ago, $29.00 for a pound, same store today $34.00.
At $34 today, it's a steal. Around here it's close to $50.
 
here it is 42.99 ouch
 
Alliance sells every pound of powder they can absolutely get into the United States. Which is about a fifth of what they used to be able to considering that they can only put powder on one cargo container per cargo ship.
 
Of all the loads for 375 H&H published at loaddata.com, they have exactly zero published loads for 300 gr and RL-17.

Of all the reloading guides I own (nosler, norma, swift, speer, hornady (9, 10, and 11), lyman (49 and 50), barnes, and woodleigh, the one and only that lists any RL-17 with 300 gr pills is Woodleigh.
 
In another thread on this web site there was info on using RE 17 in the 375HH . So I Emailed Alliant for load data. The return Email stated they do not furnish load data and it is the responsibility of the bullet manufacturer to do so.

Never heard this in the past. Guess Alliant is not interested in selling powder.
I posted the data that Alliant gave me for RL17 on that other thread in case you were interested. I have been using it exclusively for 375H&H and 375 Ruger for years.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,387
Messages
1,574,794
Members
170,172
Latest member
NormaCummi
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top