Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

During the early 70's in my hometown in North Central Pennsylvania, all the boys and some girls took hunters safety. Most boys would go hunting at least on the first day of buck and two weeks later, day one of doe season. The schools were closed because half the students would be in the woods. Baldwin is about my age but obviously grew up elsewhere.

Common sense is not a common virtue in Hollywood...
Same in western Montana, we got opening week of General season off, I believe to this day that I learned more valuable lessons during that week each year than the rest of my schooling. One morning we got out of the truck, Dad and Mom were going down the ridge to hunt some fingers, my older brother and I were going up into a big bowl up country. We weren’t 20 yards from the truck when my brothers rifle discharged while on his shoulder as he went under a branch, very close to my head. I never knew the old man was so fast but he was up the hill and beating my brothers ass like lightning! And before anyone says Remington 700, it was a Ruger 77. Lessons learned were: don’t follow so close, always keep your muzzle in a safe direction and don’t almost shoot your brother when the old man was close enough to beat your ass!

During the early 70's in my hometown in North Central Pennsylvania, all the boys and some girls took hunters safety. Most boys would go hunting at least on the first day of buck and two weeks later, day one of doe season. The schools were closed because half the students would be in the woods. Baldwin is about my age but obviously grew up elsewhere.

Common sense is not a common virtue in Hollywood...
Same in Wisconsin. The only person in the school during those 9 days was the janitor...and he claimed he was just too old to hunt anymore.

I am confident that if the truth ever does come out that there is some willful jackassery at the root of this, along the "Bang bang, I got you" school of humor.

IMG_2219.jpg

“I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger.”

What an amazing coincidence that the gun in his hand pointed itself at someone AND just went off. :rolleyes: There must be one evil poltergeist in that old church.
Playing victim No.2 to the full extent eh?

I wonder who did pull the trigger?
Read another useless piece today about it. Writer says, the prop weapon misfired when someone put a "bullet" in it.
All by itself I guess.
Sort of like the red SUV that ran over all those people the other day in Wisconsin. I literally read one account that said exactly that as if there was no driver involved.
Unbelievable what passes for journalism these days.

I suppose it’s possible the gun had problems where the hammer would fall when the trigger wasn’t pulled, and they acted like it had done it before. If that is the case it should have been repaired immediately after the first time.
If I knew about a gun like that, which was supposed to be pointed at people, I would triple check to verify it is unloaded.

I suppose it’s possible the gun had problems where the hammer would fall when the trigger wasn’t pulled, and they acted like it had done it before. If that is the case it should have been repaired immediately after the first time.
If I knew about a gun like that, which was supposed to be pointed at people, I would triple check to verify it is unloaded.

If that was indeed the case it should never have been loaded or cocked.

Man, that was a masterful piece of acting. The phony tears, the looks of anguish, the whine in the voice, and all the while lying through his teeth. The gun was in his hand. Pray tell how someone else could pull the trigger. Not supposed to be any live rounds on the property, yet they were target shooting earlier. What a crock.

I wonder if anyone actually believes the gun had issues before. :unsure:

If that was the case why wouldn’t it go off immediately after closing the action? Can anyone believe that it coincidently went off at the moment it was pointed at a person? One would think that if that was the case, it would’ve been in the very first statement that a known-to-be-faulty gun went off while loading…and not pointed in a safe direction. Oh yeah, it pointed and fired itself…what was I thinking? It just seems like a convenient afterthought to me.

Loaded or unloaded, blanks or live rounds, prop or real, it was in his hand, it was pointed at a person, and it fired. So faulty or not, to me it’s still irrelevant to fact that it’s negligent mishandling of a weapon.

What type of handgun was it,? I don’t remember hearing which model, but I believe he was filming an old time western so I’m thinking (that usually gets me in trouble) that it would be a SAA which would also require cocking the hammer but I could be wrong.

What type of handgun was it,? I don’t remember hearing which model, but I believe he was filming an old time western so I’m thinking (that usually gets me in trouble) that it would be a SAA which would also require cocking the hammer but I could be wrong.
I believe it was one of the Italian repros of the 1873 SAA

I guess the poltergeist pulled the hammer too.
If that’s true, their story is taking on a new level of desperation without much forethought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois