Alec Baldwin Movie Set Accident

freefall

AH veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't write off the possibility of some actor breaking the top off the trigger either fanning it or pulling against the half cock notch.
Still on AB, whatever happened. Wouldn't give a lot for Ms Reeds future in the industry as an armorer, tho...

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
Screenshot_20211204_122808.jpg

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Catching up on the story.
I heard on the news this morning that quote "Alec Baldwin does not think charges will be laid" I only caught that part not the story.

Cam Moon

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Hunting reports
Africa
If it was any one of us you know we would be charged. If he's not, it will just be yet another example of how messed up this world is becoming.

flatwater bill

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
All 6 Continents
I gotta agree with Rookhawk on this one.
And even more so ...ignoring this, not ridiculing, deriding, or chastising Baldwin, will allow this lady to be easily forgotten ...let him have it....he is killer....FWB

Newboomer

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.

CBH Australia

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Deals & Offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Hunted
Baldwin talked today to CBS News. Said the gun was handed to him as unloaded and he cocked the Colt but did not pull the trigger. Then he cried. Remember, he is an ACTOR.
Was it handed to him as unloaded or did they tell "Cold gun" has the story changed.

Blanks, Blank Ammunition is Ammunition.

I know in my state of my country the legislation deems it loaded if ammo is in the firearm. Loaded is Loaded.

Opposite Pole

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
Hunted
Australia, Poland
I really don’t get it. Firearms safety rules are very simple and, if followed, stop such tragedies from happening. There are kids training at my local sports shooting club. They are 12 years old, shoot tens of rounds several times a week, and no one EVER gets in danger. Why? Because even kids with “under construction” written on their foreheads and crazy ideas in their heads understand these fundamental rules.

The man claims he never pulled the trigger. Maybe so. But he attempted to cock a loaded firearm and pointed it at a person. Perhaps the gun was faulty, and the hammer dropped, or maybe he let go of it before it was fully cocked? Either way, the most fundamental safety rules were ignored. All the other stuff, not having live ammo on set and so on, are just extra layers of safety, but the most fundamental safety rules were ignored, and a person tragically lost her life. How the legal system will deal with it, I have no idea, but morally, at least the man is guilty of gross negligence, which resulted in the loss of life.

Paul Raley

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have been following this thread with interest , there is no doubt that Alec Baldwin is a liberal A-hole , seems like karma got the best of him , but still not a good situation for an innocent victim and her family . For me this issue is simple , a person died due to someone's negligence and for me based on the information I have seen the two people to blame are the armourer and Alec Baldwin , they are the two that handled the firearm and were responsible to ensure the firearm was safe and handled in a safe way - unless there are other facts to contradict this .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kozyrkipira

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Akunasek wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
do you still have the Ithaca 10 ga semi auto?
kdenn wrote on TROPHY SHIPPERS's profile.
Afternoon, going to South Africa August 22 hunting with wife. will need your help with trophies. what information and how soon do you need it? went to the website and completed the form but seems i have negative energy or something with electronic communication often.
thanks for your help
ken dennison
Docpk wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
I would but the Swarovski scope
CADJR55 wrote on roverandbrew's profile.
Is that Level 7 Type 2 Primaloft PCU parka still for sale?
geoff rath wrote on Aussie_Hunter's profile.
Apologies, been somewhat preoccupied with (poor) health issues; were you interested in the Norma factory 550 grain Solid 450 Rigby ammo I mentioned?
Geoff Rath