Alcoholic???

I’m +1 with WAB regarding Oban.

Reactions: WAB
I let the weather and my mode set the alcohol.

Fall and winter, basically the cool/cold temps require a strong beverage to fend of the chills and viruses. A good whiskey; straight bourbon or single 12-18 year old single malt scotch works well. Especially a scotch after a successful or good hunt.

An ice cold beer on those hot summer days/nights works immensely well to unwind and relax after a busy day.

I'm not much on wine, but with a really good meal, a good wine with a meal helps the digestive system.

It all boils down to personal preference.

And regardless of our choice(s) of alcoholic beverage(s) we should all drink responsibly. And not to the point of being an obnoxious idiot/total ass.

Reminds me of my Safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.

Thou shalt not covet they neighbors house unless they have a well stocked bar.

W.C. Fields, my idol!

Last edited by a moderator:
London Pride in an old beamy pub in London.
Oban 14 around the camp fire before turning in.
Life From Stone crisp dry white with oysters anywhere in Cape Town.

People ,finger away from alcohol.
It can lead to terrible situations :
schlimmster-dreier-aller-zeiten.jpg

My worst threesome of all time :S Help:

This is how you live a rich, vibrant life full of adventures ... and suddenly it turns out that this is alcoholism.

Happy New Year ALL!!

0B87909D-9867-4726-A3CC-85A4FCCD8355.jpeg

So what comes to mind is Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder. One must always keep in mind is that alcohol should work for you and not against you, I call it drinking for success. A recent run from the Fitzgerald still.
04A8110C-BEB6-4B97-BA42-75248D47E7EC.jpeg

Fk me woke little pricks that don't drink....world really is fkd.....

BBC News - Why Gen Zers are growing up sober curious

Fk me woke little pricks that don't drink....world really is fkd.....

BBC News - Why Gen Zers are growing up sober curious
Yeah it sure as hell isn't like my generation growing up!! The world really is fkd. Can't wait til they start breeding.

Here you are @Bob Nelson 35Whelen not alcohol but saw it in our local pick n pay. With exchange rate at moment which in favour of usd etc...it works out around $2.60....few weeks ago when kwacha was bit stronger would have been over usd 3 a bottle....First time seen it ...probably and hopefully better than that revolting rum shit :E Rofl:

20230202_115657.jpg

Last edited:
Here you are @Bob Nelson 35Whelen not alcohol but saw it in our local pick n pay. With exchange rate at moment which in favour of usd etc...it works out around $2.60....few weeks ago when kwacha was bit stronger would have been over usd 3 a bottle....First time seen it ...probably and hopefully better than that revolting rum shit :E Rofl:

View attachment 515181
@spike.t
That's the best ginger beer around and in Australia you can even get the alcoholic version
Bob

@spike.t
That's the best ginger beer around and in Australia you can even get the alcoholic version
Bob
OK but at that price I can get about 3 beers....might buy one to see...if any left when I go back to Lusaka....if it was the alcohol version I would have been tempted at the time.... :X3: :A Banana: :A Thumbs Up::D Beers:....must confess I did check to see if it did have an alcohol percentage.....

OK but at that price I can get about 3 beers....might buy one to see...if any left when I go back to Lusaka....if it was the alcohol version I would have been tempted at the time.... :X3: :A Banana: :A Thumbs Up::D Beers:....must confess I did check to see if it did have an alcohol percentage.....
@spike.t
Sorry to disappoint you but that one is alcohol free.
The alcoholic one runs about 5 to 6 percent alcohol.
Bob

@spike.t
If you pour a glass of ginger beer and add a good dose of Bundy to the top of it it's called a dark and stormy in Australia.
I wonder how the alcoholic ginger beer with a Bundy on top would go.
Probably have to call a bloody hurricane. It would definitely rock your socks.
Bob

2C02BDF6-8ADE-487A-9C46-5B0586C6E862.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg