Advice needed for shipper and clearing agent

t_stomski

AH member
Reaction score
I got my trophies almost done with African Wildlife Artistry Taxidermy Studio in Eastern Cape, South Africa. They work with and recommend African trophy exports for shipping, which I emailed and am currently waiting for prices. I was wondering if anyone had experience with them, and I am also looking for recommendations for other shipping companies and clearing agent in Chicago.
Thank everyone in advance

Look into Badger Cargo. I just had them handle a dip and pack crate for me. Only $670 to San Francisco. $608 of that was air freight on Turkish Airlines.

contact Laura at Coppersmiths in Chicago, she handled my shipment last year and will handle the next one in a few weeks and she made sure there were no storage fees and since the next one is going Turkish I hope she stays on top of it when it hits Chicago

Currently I would not recommend Africa Trophy Exports. They are not very responsive to emails and wont accept responsibility for their mess up on shipping.

Badger x2. Used them last year great communication and service. Worked well with myself and my clearing agent in Houston.

Currently I would not recommend Africa Trophy Exports. They are not very responsive to emails and wont accept responsibility for their mess up on shipping.

I have had Yolanda at African Trophy Exports handle my last 5 shipments with no issues. Last one was in 2022.

We used both with great success last year.

a few weeks ago I sent 2 requests for shipping quotes to African Trophy Exports and like last year never heard back from them, real quality company! but, they handled a dip and pack for a friend last month but they were handed the product from the taxidermist

contact Laura at Coppersmiths in Chicago, she handled my shipment last year and will handle the next one in a few weeks and she made sure there were no storage fees and since the next one is going Turkish I hope she stays on top of it when it hits Chicago
I can second this recommendation. I had used a different company to handle my trophies from hunt 2 years ago and they had very delayed responses and confusing communications. Coppersmiths has been great so far. And, yes, they are dealing with African Trophy Exports as I had work done at AWA as well. I didn't have any issues with African Trophy Exports last year and they're now working on my shipping for trophies from my hunt in April '23 with not issues encountered so far.

right now waiting on Turkish Airlines to decide when to send my trophy's to Chicago this is the second try at getting them on the plane so finger crossed. I know next year I will not even consider African Trophy Exports as this was the second year they never responded and 2 years ago they never responded to my buddy or me so they are out. may try Safari Specialty Importers or just take pictures and call that good, who knows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.